#69 - Sunsets

⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯⎯ ⎯⎯

No rain, no flowers.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ♡ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"Babe, what are you doing?"

I watch him playing with the sand. He turns to me, ocean-colored eyes shining, an embarrassed smile on his lips that makes him look like a kid caught stealing from the cookie jar.

"Playing with sand?" He says, flashing a smile. "It's so fine, look!"

He scoops some up and pushes them my way while sporting the childlike smile.

I indulge his silly behavior because this is Hayes at his most unguarded, happy state. This is the Hayes I love.

Out of the corner of my eye I  watch the sky change colors, day switching to night, bright blues and whites being swallowed by the orange and pink streaks. I watch the warm tones settle on Hayes' features as he pours sand into my open palm.

"Look, babe, the sun is setting," I nod my head in the direction of the water. He looks up from from the sand to see what I'm pointing at and it makes him smile.

"I read something beautiful earlier that said 'Sunsets are a reminder that even endings can be beautiful,'" He breaks the silence, staring out at the water with a small smile on his face. 

I become absorbed at looking at the giant orb slowly descending from the sky that I don't notice Hayes staring at me. I don't hear him whispering the words 'absolutely beautiful' as his gaze is locked on my face. Slowly, his hands roam over to my waist and he pulls me into his lap to get a better look.

"Hayes, stop!" I scold, ignoring the ticklish feeling of his hands.

"You know what else is beautiful?" he asks as he brings a finger to my face and gently boops my nose. I laugh out loud at how serious he's trying to look.

"Oh my god, you cheese ball!" I giggle as his arms snake around my, pulling me closer.

He nuzzles into my neck, chuckling. "But you love this cheese ball."

"I do," I say tilting his chin up to look him in the eye. "Although sometimes you're a bit too cheesy for me. I'm going to become lactose intolerant!"

It's his turn to laugh. "And you say I'm the corny one!"

"Whatever. That was a good joke, admit it."

I get distracted by Hayes and his soft curls that I almost forget what we came to the beach for. I try and escape Hayes' hold but he's having none of it.

"Hayes, let me go!" I plead.

"Why?" he pouts, refusing to budge.

"I want to watch the sunset!" I push against his hard chest that's partially shaking from the laughter he's holding in.

"You can watch it from my eyes, see?" He hovers closer, bumping noses with me, laughing.

"Please," I plead, giving him my best puppy dog eye impression.

"You know that doesn't work on me."

I continue to stare at him, pouting even harder for extra effect.

He groans and relents. "Fine." He then picks me up and places me between his legs.

"Happy?" he asks.

"Very," I reply as I wrap his arms around me and stare at the vast expanse of water ahead of us. His grip tightens as he nuzzles into my cheek, kissing and nipping as he goes.

"Well, I'm very happy, too," he whispers into my ear as he settles and looks out into the sea.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ♡ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

hola,

hope y'all are having a good summer

vote + comment if you liked this (cheesy) blurb :)

qotc: what's your most embarrassing moment of all time?

answer: one time i was at a supermarket and my mom wandered off like always so i went to find her. so i saw my mom and i went over to her and was like 'hey mom, let's go'. so she turns around and it ISN'T my mom! its a DAMN TEACHER from my school! i tried to play it off but i know i looked like an idiot. soo after a few weeks i saw her walking around the hallways at school and we accidentally made eye contact. i literally almost died right there. 

and WaIt FOR IT, ThEre'S mOrE! so the next year rolls around and she ends up being my motherfreaking science teacher. my whole life is messed up. (this was in middle school btw)