|Chapter 6|

|Dalton|

Summer runs could be fun at times as long as it isn't 90 degrees. Thankfully it was only 86 degrees so I wasn't running. More of a trot through the woods to keep myself from overheating. But where I was going should help a lot.

My bag was in my mouth with my phone and I knew I should call Isabella after this. Invite her out with me. 'Hopefully it won't be that hard to find. Although if she needs help Angel and Nico can always help her. Although it's not that hard to find.'

My paws pressed against the soft soil as my tail raised in the air. The crisp air of the forest filled my nose. Out here this far you didn't smell all the polluted air. All you smelled were the animals, plant life, and the forest. The sweet smell of the forest.

And where I was headed water. The tweets of the birds filled my ears. The light breeze rustling the leaves. Some rabbits scurrying away as I came trotting through the woods. 'Them identifying a predator that they know they don't want to fight. A wolf and we aren't the normal wolf anyway.'

Squirrels ran up their trees upon seeing Ash and I. But one sound was more clear then anything. Of course I loved this sound and my ears were so accustomed to hearing it and savoring the sound and scent of it. After all this was what I came here for.

Water trickling.

The water from the river. 'The river, a nice sized river with a small pool which will be perfect for Isabella to be in with us. It risks no chance of her drowning while she is here as well.' It also had a nice stream and the river was very clean.

A sparkling blue like color. From the lack of the humans in it. Mostly deer taking small dips and of course werewolves. It was the Ashford spot at this point. We might as well have owned it. Well then again it was on our land so you know.

I trotted a bit more before the pool of water, the stream connecting to it and the river came into view. I dropped the bag in the dirt before going to the pool of water. I put my nose to the water. 'And it is a nice cool water for the summer which is the perfect thing to go swimming in.'

Yes it is. So I surged within the water my fur getting wet as I began swimming through the water in wolf form. My paws brushed the ground if I pushed myself down. But I mostly swam through my paws gliding through.

After a five minute dip I got out. On the bank of the pool I shook off all the water before going over and shifting. My bones broke back to human form. And the fur gave into skin. 'Now we have an Isabella to call to see if she wants to come out here and enjoy the air with us.'

Going over I opened my bag and put on the swim trunks. After that I laid a towel down and sat on it before pulling out my phone. 'Now time to call Isabella and see if she wants to go with us to the river.'

That thought thrilled me. Although we were already at the river, even had taken a dip. My skin was a bit wet as I dried my hands off on the shorts before unlocking my iPhone and going to Isabella's contact and hitting call. It rang three times before Isabella picked up.

"Yes Dalton?" "I got a question for you." "What is it?" "How do you feel like meeting me at the river at my house?" "You do know I can't swim right?" "Yeah, but you can stay in the shallow end." "Fine. How do I get there?"

I thought about it for a moment. 'Just tell her to follow the path, if she needs help finding the path, tell her to ask Angel or Nico. Both of them know.' "There's a man paved path, if you can't find it ask Angel or Nico." "Ok, I'll be there soon, I'm taking Maryse. Bye." "Bye." Then we hung up.