|Chapter 14|

|Dalton|

"Your going get a puppy?" I asked sitting on my bed with Isabella. "Yeah tomorrow, Enyr found a husky-lab mix he wanted. I was wondering if you wanted to go with." Isabella said. "Do you have a picture of the puppy?" I asked.

Isabella nodded. 'Puppies are so cute, I remember when Aries and Hades were puppies. They were so cute back then. Don't forget Gracie as well.' Puppies were cute and if I agreed to this I'd be seeing some adorable mixed breed puppies. Personally mixed breeds are adorable to me.

Not that a German Shepherd is even a purebred, they are mutts themselves. In reality there is no such thing as a purebred. You'll never find a purebred. "Yeah I can go with if you want me to." I told her as Isabella pulled up a picture of an adorable litter of husky-lab pups.

"They're cute." I told Isabella who nodded. "Yeah, only one male has been sold and he'll be leaving today. They're ten weeks old. Enyr will be going there, have a puppy chose him, then we'll adopt it." Isabella said. 'Sounds like a nice plan since Enyr's old lady dog happened to pass away.'

But now he was getting himself a new dog. When Caesar and Gracie came around Enyr took a mutt as well. But she turned out to be an elderly dog with diabetes, so she passed away in her sleep one night. Enyr didn't get a dog since that.

'But now it seems he's ready to let a young puppy into his heart once more. Some adorable young puppies no less.' "But yeah I'd love to come with you guys." I told Isabella with a smile on my face. Isabella nodded at that giving a half smile to me.

"So we got the chains out of the way, tomorrow we'll get Enyr's puppy and I'll think we'll be free. And soon college will be starting back up again." Isabella said and I nodded at that. Fall classes started in September, around the 15th so we had that much time to figure all this out.

'Although as it seems we'll be back and forth out of Greenburg, good thing there are nice shortcuts from NYC to Greenburg.' Yeah good thing. Back in my sophomore year, Rodney came home every weekend to visit us. Rory use to live with us and take the shortcuts.

But I'm sure we can make it work. . . or end up in the online program of NYC like Alana was until we got this all sorted out. Hopefully that wouldn't need to be an option going to the online program. I didn't want that to have to be an option.

I understand why Alana did it, she did it to spend more time with her baby Isadora. But our lives so full of immortal chaos that we had to take online classes to deal with it? That was not an option that Isabella or I needed to take?

'They should at least wait for us to graduate college then come mess with us. After that we'll be fine. It's not like at high school where we could face everything or have dad call a break for the school because of the danger that the rogue pack presented to everyone.'

Yeah which sort of sucked. But we'd make the of it that we could. I smiled at Isabella as she turned her phone off and put it in her pocket. "Thanks for help with the chains." Isabella said and I nodded at that. "Even if it got you burnt." Isabella said looking a little guilty.

"It's fine Isabella, Orchid sent home some lotion that she says she made and helps with silver burns." I told her. 'And if it does help, well looks like we'll be able to help a bit more with those chains if it comes down to it.' Hopefully it wouldn't.

Isabella nodded. "But Isabella stop worrying. We got the chains enchanted. We'll have them ready in case another Forsaken happens to show up. And we're getting a puppy tomorrow. We're doing good Isabella." I told her with a smile on my face. A true smile that didn't have any hidden intentions or lies laced in.