|Chapter 31|

|Isabella|

Fear is what enables us. Something that we won't admit as it will make us seem weak, but it's what makes us up. Fear is one of the most powerful things in the universe as everyone knows what fear is. Even if they say they don't.

It doesn't matter in which way fear comes in. Whether it be the anxiety from a test becoming a nagging fear. The shadows that shift in your backyard. To your own parents. Right down to cannibals and knowing what they are doing. Fear is something we are all familiar with.

Even those who cause' fear know what fear is. Because in order to cause' fear you had to have known what it is. Because if you didn't you would be forced to improvise and then the world would stop spinning. But everyone knows fear. Fear is life in a way.

Even god himself would know what fear is. Fear when his favorite creation turned on him and took one third of heaven with him. Fear that more would turn on him. Fear nags at you. Torments you wherever you go. It won't ever leave you alone. Some people let it control them.

Their entire life is run on fear and adrenaline forced from the fear. They want to run from the fear that controls their life. But fear loves the chase. The thrill of chasing something the smell of fear. When you live in fear you have two choices to deal with it.

Your either a victim or your the predator. Don't act like a victim and you won't ever be one. The predator, the fear, it relishes in the chase. The chase is the most fun. Everyone believes it's the capture, what is at the end which is the best. But that's a lie.

The chase is the best. The blood pumping, heart pounding thrill of chasing it down. The journey and the chase. Hearing the blood pump and the heart pound. Smelling the fear from the victim. You will only be a victim if you let them make you a victim.

Fighting back is what breaks the line between predator and victim. Then you can witness the predators fear as it realizes you won't give in. The ones who like the ones who struggle? Well they're fear is being the one who struggles. You can use fear to your advantage.

But it's something that only cowards will do to get out at every situation. Fear may rule the world but so does darkness. But through darkness light shines through. It burns away all the darkness shrouding the world and takes over once more. It may not last but make it worth awhile.

Let the light shine for as long as you can. As that may what the darkness fears. Using fear at every moment is using darkness to battle darkness. It won't work.  The light outshines the darkness and the darkness overlaps the light. But the two work in sync for a reason after all.

Fear controls us but so does another emotion. But very few people can capture that emotion. In order to capture it you have to push aside the fear. Something the human mind has trouble capturing. They claim they do, but nothing how a supernatural has. This emotion cancels out fear.

Courage.

Master courage and you can look fear dead in the eye. The fear that sat in your spine will slowly disappear. Stare death in it's face. There are many gods out there. We all go somewhere after all. Whether it be heaven, hell, purgatory, the lazier fields, or even any other place.

But when death comes only one god matters, the forgotten god. Death. People pray to god, people pray to Satan, to every Greek god out there, Roman, werewolf. You pray and you pray as a way to get rid of fear and find courage. There is only one thing you can say to Death.

Not today.

He is the only god that matters when you face him dead in the eyes. God doesn't matter, Satan doesn't matter, Zeus doesn't matter, no god matters except Death. No one except him and you. Where you go won't matter in that moment as your fear comes back.