|Chapter 21|

|Isabella|

Nico had left the immortal book for me. That was how they found out all the things about the immortals which was pretty neat. Dalton stopped at his house after we were done with the river and we took the bike back to his house.

I stayed for about an hour when Nico showed up in the room. He had a book in his hand. A large book bound by leather. Engraved into the leather it read The Immortals. Nico said down and gave me an explanation on where he got it from.

'While changing out all the knobs to from silver to gold he found a small hidden compartment in the dresser that belonged to your dad that you gave him. I guess that dresser had a hidden value after all.' It does seem that way. But Nico gave me the book.

Now I was equipped with a book about the immortals. After Dalton dropped me off the first thing I did was go put the book up in my room. No one asked me about the leather book. More of because it was concealed. I concealed it quite well when I came in.

'Because you want to go straight to business and get that book read.' 'Well if what is believed is true, we're going to be dealing with some immortals, so I'm educating myself.' I knew of the immortals. Well I knew what everyone else knew. And I had a bit of experience.

Not tons of experience, but it was still experience. I knew that immortals weren't the most liked in the world. Seems the Corbin family made tons of enemies and those enemies seemed to be falling on me. With the Vardock's being the first to discover it. Now my secret was out.

I could only imagine who else would find me a threat. 'If they do find you a threat they have a lot coming their way. Your not some stupid girl who just discovered your an immortal. Your trained to fight, to kill, and to survive.' That I am.

After I had put the book away in my nightstand drawer I went downstairs for dinner. Flimur made some garlic parmesan wings and barbeque wings. The barbeque wings on the grill and the garlic ones baked in the oven. And them some Arby's curly fries to go with the wings.

It was a good dinner in the end. 'Like always, Flimur tends to make good food and doesn't hold back with his cooking skills at all, we all know this.' After dinner was done I had a milkshake. A mint chocolate chip one and brought it back to the room where I was now.

My milkshake was in my hands as I sipped it with the book on the bed. It was opened up to the first page. Nico marked some important things for me, but I was going to be reading this entire book. This wasn't some dull T.V. show or book that I live in.

I wasn't about to open it to the page I needed. Things only happened like that in books and fairy tales. And that wasn't my life. 'If things were that simple we would of known who The First was and that you were an immortal before we got caught into any of this.'

Life wasn't simple and I knew that. So page 1 was where I started. If I was to have this book be useful to me I needed to read it all. No skipping any pages, no skimming over pages. I was going to read this entire book and savor every moment of it. I would.

'No skipping any pages for you, you play it smart unlike some other people.' I nodded at that. I took a sip of my milkshake before setting it on the paper towels. I began reading the pages of the books.

Worn in pages with a yellow tint to it and made of thin paper. Thin beautiful curly ink. This book was no ordinary book by any means. 'You can just tell by the way it looks.' It was no doubt the only one as it was written from hand. And my father had it.

The Immortals.
The immortals is a powerful race. They are the start. Immortals are human like beings. They appear human, they look human, and they were once human. They have been around since the beginning of the supernatural. They are the protectors of the human race and are there to keep the supernatural in check.