#8 - Introverted, Antisocial, Mental Illnesses etc. (Real vs Fake)

I feel like the title is too long.. but I don't care. Anyways...

Hello mighty bugs. Idk I just felt like calling you guys that. Back to the topic.

I've been noticing this for a long while now. People saying what they are/ what they are not and have no idea the meaning of what they are calling themselves.

For instance, a lot of people I know say they are "antisocial".

Sweaty, please. Learn to pick up a dictionary before you speak.

Antisocial  is when you avoid the company of other people or when you are harmful to society. Now, I am sure that a lot of people I know who claim they are antisocial are definitely not harmful to society - I doubt you're even harmful to a mosquito.

And you can't call yourself antisocial when you love to mix and mingle with people on a daily basis.

For instance, sometimes I'm at school and I hear a lot of people talking like, "Oh I hate people, people are so stupid I hate them I'm going to start being antisocial because people are just so stupid and always hurt me and they are just soooo STUPID"

Fam we get it... you learnt a new word for the first time in 3 years get it together. Also, give them half an hour and you see them talking to people like nothing ever happened. Like, excuse me where did all your hatred for people go?

I mean, I never went to the School of Antisocial-ism but I'm pretty sure being antisocial isn't a behaviour you just turn off or on.

Don't get me wrong, there are times when you are in a bad mood and you seclude yourself from people for a while and then you get back to normal. Yeah, you behaved antisocial for a while.

But then there are just some persons who are so ignorant. One minute they're like, "HEYYYY MY 509 FRIENDS WHAT'S UPPP?? I CAN'T WAIT TO SOCIALIZE WITH YOU ALL TODAYYY HEHEHEEE"

Then some crap happens between them and their friends.

"OH MY GOSH PEOPLE ARE SO EVIL I HATE THEM AS OF NOW I AM OFFICIALLY ANTISOCIAL NO ONE TALK TO ME EVER AGAIN I'M ANTISOCIAL... LEAVE ME ALONE I'M ANTISOCIAL"

Give it an hour.

"SO HEYYYY MY 509 FRIENDS WHAT'S UP HOW YOU DOING HOW'S LIFE?"

Some more crap happens... probably couldn't find your brain cells or something.

"OH MY FREAKING GOSH I AM SO ANTISOCIAL RN SO NO ONE TALK TO ME THIS TIME I AM SERIOUS I AM AN ANTISOCIAL HUMAN BEING WHO WILL ATTACK ANYTHING SOCIAL BLA BLA BLA"

And the cycle goes on... and on... and on...

And it's the same with being introverted. One minute everything is peachy, the next minute you write all over your desk "Introverted.. I'm introverted... introverted..."

This triggers me a lot, seeing that I am an introvert.

And the thing is, people think that being introverted is just not talking to people. That's all there is to it. They're right...

NOT.

Being an introvert is more than that. Instead of going out into the hustle and bustle you rather stay in and read or watch some movies. And unlike you "introverts", we real introverts actually enjoy company and meeting new people. It's just that after all that socialism, we need time to recharge.

I'll explain another time in more details. I actually had a chapter planned on it.

I remember this one time I was at school talking to one of my friends about being introverted. He was like, "I'm introverted. I don't talk to people,"

I had to sit down and explain to him what being an introvert was like before he got it.

You also have some people who claims that they "hate people". All the times they hate people. In their sleep they hate people. When they wakeup they hate people. Hate hate hate...

So you're a misanthrope now.

They say they hate people yet they don't show the signs of a misanthrope/ misanthropist. Let me give you a few signs. Evaluate yourselves.

Do you take the stairs instead of the elevator just to avoid the chance of meeting people? Or you pray that no one else gets on the elevator when you are on it?

If you are about to leave the house and see people out there do you wait for them to leave? No matter what? Whether you're in a hurry or not? Do you not just ignore them and go about your business?

Do you hate interaction? All types of interaction? Do you hate meeting new people?

When people talk to you the only thing that's on your mind is you not being there?

As you meet people you instantly can't stand them?

If you are three to five of these things.. you my friend... is a misanthrope...

DUN DUN DUNNNN

As for the rest of you, stop it. Admit that you love humanity.

Now this one is the one that pisses me off THE MOST.

Persons pretending that they have a mental illness or that they're just a joke. I don't have any mental illnesses but I know enough about them.

Let's use depression for instance.

If someone fails a test, "OH MY GOSH I FAILED THE TEST I'M SO SAD RN I FEEL LIKE I HAVE DEPRESSION"

If your boyfriend/ girlfriend left you, "WHY DO I HAVE TO GO THROUGH ALL OF THIS I FEEL LIKE I HAVE DEPRESSION OMG"

If you just feel sad for no apparent reason, "I HAVE DEPRESSION!!!!!"

Fam, being depressed is totally different from having depression.

Depressed is when you're sad over something. Having Depression is a mental illness. When you have depression you have to be on your meds all the time depending on how bad it is.

Depression isn't something that comes and goes like your period. Either you have it, or you don't. It can be treated, but it takes time.

So stop using being depressed as your temporary lack of happiness. There are persons out there dying for what you have. Be grateful and stop calling down depression on yourself.

Gosh.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter. And I hope that those who casually use these words without fully understanding them and read this will stop.

Peace.

Izzle,
July 28, 2018.