#20 - Things Of 2k18 that Made the World Spin Off its Axis pt. 2

Hello. Welcome back to season two of "I Hate Myself" starring yours truly, in which you see a pathetic young lady tries to get her crap together but constantly fails.

Yay!  *laughs but is secretly dying inside*

Anyways, we'll be continuing last week's chapter. I honestly saw this as a good chapter idea but right now we are literally beside February. I just want to get this out of the way so we can move on to greater things this year.

Everyone is already popping off in 2k19, and then you have me, just holding on to the past.

Anyways, let's continue.

5. ASMR

ASMR stands for Autonomous Sensory Meridian Response.

To say I knew about ASMR for a long while, I was today years old when I found out the definition of the acronym. Well, you learn something new everyday.

It's hard for me to explain what it is if you don't know about it. It's basically sounds that make your scalp and body tingle.

Tbh that sounds a bit like an STD.

Fr though, it's sounds that make you feel "relaxed" or whatever. Some persons find it extremely creepy, and some love it. I personally love it, maybe it's because I'm a creep. Wbk. It works well with headphones.

ASMR can come through various forms eg. talking (more like whispering)  or eating.

But yeah, idk if it was around before, but ASMR was a big thing in 2k18, especially in the Youtube community.

There's this one ASMR Youtube channel I'd watch every now and then with this lady where she eats various foods, and the sounds were amazing.

....i'm sorry for my awkwardness.

And I'm not talking about your regular PB and J. One time she ate an ostrich egg fam.

And the thing about some ASMR eating videos, they make the food look tasty. Maybe it's just me. Never in my life have I wanted to try an ostrich egg until that moment. I don't even like eggs. Not at all.

*coughs* A weird Izzle Fun Fact.

But yeah, if you're interested you can watch an ASMR video to get the feel of what it's like. Use headphones/ earbuds for a better experience.

6. Kpop (BTS specifically)

2018 was a big year for the kpop community in general. A lot of iconic things happened WITHIN the community, and kpop even began to cross over more into the western region compared to previous years. A few popular groups include BLACKPINK, TWICE, NCT and BTS.

(aka my husbands lmao)

BTS isn't just a regular boyband that wears fancy clothes and prances around stage (not saying that about other groups) but they are actually working hard to get their message spread across worldwide, and in unique ways.

Again, not saying that other groups aren't doing that too, but it's just that BTS is known a bit more than others. In no way am I trying to disrespect any other group. Proceed.

They did a lot of things such as completed the "Love Yourself" Series which commenced in late 2017, spoke at the United Nations about their UNICEF project, started their world tour which is STILL in progress and a bunch of other things I could go on and on about but I know that none of you would care less unless you were actually interested. 

Basically, Kpop is slowly taking over, yet at the same time, has a long way to go before it is fully accepted by everyone.

A lot of persons ask me, "Why are you so interested in these Chinese guys?"

*inhales and exhales slowly*

Firstly, they are Korean. There is a difference. Secondly, idk man. Maybe if you checked them out for yourselves you'd see why.

7. YouTube Rewind 2018

Long story short, YouTube does this thing where at the end of each year they make a video "commemorating" all the highlights of Youtube 2018.

And according to the public, they get worse and worse.

This video is one of the most disliked video on YouTube. I've watched it myself and I don't think it's bad. More on the weird side.

It's quite funny how YouTube is a platform for a lot of good videos, yet they themselves get hated on the one time they try it too.

8. Birdbox

Last but not least, 2018 ended with a "bang" because of this Netflix series. I've never watched it before because I can't afford such luxuries.

It smells like broke in here.

Anyways, from what I hear, it's basically about this woman with two kids that need to reach to this specific place but they have to be blindfolded  because of this... "presence". That's not the right word atm but just stick with it.

This presence called "Abby" or something like that can mess with your mind and lead you astray. Like, maybe you'll begin to have dark thoughts or stuff like that. But it can mess you up.

Now, because this situation has happened before, the woman practised how to get there before. She tied a rope or something like that and counted her steps so she knows what she's doing. That's what I gathered from Math class lol.

Now, in my opinion, I think it's overrated even though I haven't watched it before. The plotline sounds interesting of course, but it just doesn't strike me. It's not like I'm DYING to see it like some persons.

Like, "OMG I NEED TO WATCH IT OR I'M GONNA DIE"

Sweetheart, dumplings, not watching a movie won't kill you. I haven't watched multiple movies and I'm alive. I mean, a lot of persons say I'm not living my life properly and I'm lame but it's cool.

*tries to smile through the pain*

Anyways I hope you all enjoyed this chapter idea. Let me know in the comment sections below. Like this video and subscribe to this channel along with Pewdiepie's.

But yeah that's it. I had a bunch of other things I wanted to include such as the whole Pewdiepie and T-Series feud, The "Johnny Johnny Yes Papa" thing, the one Dr. Phil epidode with this girl saying she's not black and being prejudice towards black people only to find out she was just trolling for clout... and the funny part is that she is OBVIOUSLY BLACK, etc.

But as the famous quote says, "All good things and crappy chapters must come to an end"

Also, school is becoming VERY hectic each and every single day. Like bros, I found out recently that over the summer holiday I'll be doing projects for the next school year. What? What the actual-

*The following scene has beencensored by Wattpad due to the guidelines*

So yeah, from now on until things cool down, I'll be updating every OTHER week so I won't be so stressed, and the chapters will be less crappy. Thank you. See you all in the next chapter.

Izzle,
Jan 26, 2019.