#21 - The Older Generation

Before I even spill the tea.... wassup with the new Wattpad update? Last night when I saw it I was shook. I admit, I do like the logo, but I wish the app itself had night mode. Not just with the book setting. It's a bit too bright for me. But yeah I can tolerate it. It looks kind of cool ig.

I mean, what's with the sudden change though? I'm watching you Wattpad.

So

So. The older generation.

I've done something similar to this in a previous chapter, but I didn't really expound on it. And especially since I've been having a rough time in school since lately, I just feel the need to go off. Express myself a bit.

Now, as I said before, I have no problem with the old gens. They've been through it all before us young people that are coming up. They're here to guide us. And I respect that. For without them, we'd be more of a mess than we already are.

But sometimes, it's like they know everything and have all rights, while we are the underdogs.

Like no. Sit down.

For one, adults are free to express their feelings.  They can shout, break a few china, and get radical when upset. They are free to do and say anything they want. They can let out their pent out frustration and it's o k a y.

Yet, if I furrow my eyebrows or give a quizzical look, immediately I'm disrespectful.

Why aren't I allowed to express MY feelings freely as well huh? Why do I have to keep everything bottled in while you release your frustrated on me? And what pisses me off the most, is at the end they can't even say a simple apology. Like what? Kids don't deserve respect?

What if it was YOU who got disrespected first? You would have demanded an apology immediately.  But no, because I'm just a child I don't deserve respect. I don't deserve equality.

Like, I understand what it is to discipline someone, but sometimes it can get a bit out of hand.

I mean, it's not like I want to be rebellious and shout in my parent's face if I don't agree with something. I'm not like that. But at the same time it's like I can't give a reaction when I'm angry or I'll be rude.

I remember one time I was upset with my mother for some reason, I don't remember what, and my mother's friend was over that night, and I said nothing while she was there telling him the problem. For I know if I opened my mouth I would have lashed out, because the more she talked about it was the more I got pissed.

You see, with my mother and I, whenever we get into a fight, we go through these stages:

1. She ignores me, so I give her space
2. At times I'd attempt to start a convo but she still ignores me
3. After a while she resumes talking to me when she feels like

And if I was supposed to ignore her, I'd have no manners. But it's all gucci ig.

And another thing is that we aren't stressed. We aren't tired.

Whenever you say you're tired, the adults hit you with the old, "You? Tired? Stressed? Do you work? Do you pay bills? I have to wash, cook, clean, raise seven kids, tame a cheetah, etc etc etc"

I mean, yes adulthood must be hard. Y'all get no summer holidays and you have to stretch your pay sometimes to provide for your family for instance, therefore I get what you mean, but it doesn't mean that my life is easy.

Speaking for myself, I do eight subjects plus two extra subjects which I'll be doing major exams for, not to mention homework, extra classes, labs to write up, tests, projects, etc. All this drains me and puts pressure on me when there's so much to do, and sometimes it's obvious that the pressure is on me. How could you guys think I'm not struggling as well?

I quadruple dog dare some of these adults that if they were to put their feet in my shoes, they'd understand.

Something else I don't like is when adults try to put words in my mouth. For example:

"Izzle, do you like pink?"

"Actually I-,"

"NO SHE DOESN'T SHE LOVES CRIMSON"

Sis... what is a crimson?

It always upset me when persons in general do this. And whenever I'm too shy to talk for myself that's when I'm pushed out into the open world, to fend for myself. I just don't like it man.

I don't like when the older generation in general is all for themselves. They're always right and the younger set is wrong. Yes, we screw up, but we have feelings too. I just wish things were different. But it won't be. And even if things do change, we just have to learn how to cope with it all now.

Anyways, this is the end of the chapter. This is shorter than usual but eh, that's how the cookie crumbles sometimes. Maybe I'll even start doing shorter rants.

Once again, remember I'll be updating every other week. I was a bit tired but I think it would be unfair if I didn't at least try to update; the chapters are already slow.

I hope you enjoyed my hEaRt fElT cHaPtEr and I'll see you in the next chapter.

*nonchalantly drops mic like Min Yoongi*

P.S.: Yes I finally got a gif the correct size to fit.

Izzle,
Feb 09, 2019.