#22 - One Year With T.P.O.V.O.A.P + Birthday Rant

Yup, that's right. This book has been around for one whole flipping year.

Cue the confetti and popping champagne.

Tbh it feels shorter than it actually seems. As if it was just yesterday I took on the challenge and faced my fears of posting this book. Especially since I haven't really accomplished anything as yet.

I mean, currently I have over 550 reads, and that's good, believe it or not compared to some other books. Some persons have been posting their content for longer than a year, and is probably nowhere near me. Just the fact that I have persons coming back chapter after chapter, rant after rant, means something.

I remember at one point I was secretly obsessed on getting reads. I wanted to just shoot up to the top instantly. Don't get me wrong, I do want the recognition, but at the end of the day if I'm not genuine then what's the point? I slowly showed myself that the reason I started all this wasn't for fame, but because I wanted to. Because it seemed fun.

So yeah, thank you guys so much for being there for me throughout the year. Whether you've just joined the Potato Train (idk just roll w it), you've been around for a while now, or you've been here since the start. Especially if you've been around from the start.

Ik that people come and go, so if you've been here since the very first chapter, big ups to you.

You all could have walked away a long time ago, and leave me in the dust to suffer. But you didn't. You all stayed because you like what I'm doing. Even through all my rough times and inconsistency, you all waited for me, and continued to support me.

I'm normally not one to get all mushy and clingy, but idk man, i really appreciate you guys, even though I don't have a million or a katrillion readers. Hopefully, I'll get there eventually. For now, we just enjoy whatever this book has to offer.

********

Although no one cares at this point, last week was my birthday. That's right. The potato is aging. I don't think anyone remembers but in the first chapter I said that I was born two days before Valentine's day.

Now, i wanted to make a birthday rant and go off about it long time ago, but after some stuff I decided to watch my mouth a bit or else I could end up stepping on a few wounds....

So yes, birthdays.

I could care less about my birthday tbh. It's just a normal day. I mean, yes I age, and I'd be one year closer to death and paying my own taxes but that's about it.

On my birthday, I expect one thing, and one thing only: Life.

It sounds silly but it's actually true. Not everyone has the privilege of waking up to see another birthday. I could have died in my sleep the night before (thankfully I didn't and hopefully I live to see many more days of my birth) but I was blessed to see another day. Thank you to the big guy upstairs once again.

But apart from all that, I truly don't see what the hype is about birthdays.

A few months before I looked forward to my birthday because I was turning 16. Idk why, but almost all teenagers feel that specific vibe for turning 16. But when I turned 16, I felt nonchalant. Even up to this day, the zing isn't there anymore. I remember talking to my aunt and she asked me if I felt 16. After saying no, she laughed and said I'll soon feel it. Bruh, i still feel normal, useless, unmotivated, unwanted, un-

When I was younger, I thought birthdays were exciting because of the high expectations cartoons had set for me. I thought I'd get this huge scientifically impossible made cake. I'd have a thousand and one friends over for my surprise birthday party. I'd get expensive presents, and I'd be the queen for that day. I waited for years for stuff like that to happen, yet it never did.