Chapter 10

Cherry's POV

One week before arriving to Nigeria

"What!" I screamed over the phone. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. George and a new girl.. Getting along..no...I couldn't... And he loves her..this was just too much.

I was really angry like WTH,George was mine and mine alone, he was my childhood friend and my crush,I had grown up to see George as a huge part of my life, after my Dad was George, since I knew nothing about my mum.

George was every girls dream,I mean he has girls falling at his feet and when we were little, I love the attention he gave me and the way other girls scowled at me ....like I care.
He had a chocolate skin that looked yummy,handsome features,an athlete with great body build,he was my melanin god.

I was really sad when I had to travel with my dad to Korea but I instructed someone to spy on him. I couldn't forget in a haste,the day we kissed but then he felt guilty for reasons known to him alone.

"Oppa,I want to go back to Nigeria" I told my dad that evening over dinner. We were having dinner of kimchi and Noddles. My dad twisted his Noddles with his fork and ate it before looking at me with those dim brown eyes.

Dad was a Korean by the name Kang-Ta,he had a business which he ran successfully and he had me with my Nigerian mum who dumped me and disappeared into the thin air.

"Why?" He asked me calmly

"I just want to know my country,I want to live there, want be part of them" I told him with a very sincere face,well part of the truth.

"But Korea is your country" he said.
"And Nigeria too Oppa"(dad) I said trying to convince him.

"Are you sure you are going to be fine? You know you have depression issues and I don't want anything to happen to you" my dad said in his caring and fatherly voice.
"Am sure am going to be fine" I told my dad smiling to ease the tension

"Ok,you will stay with my sister who is still in Nigeria in my house,am sure your long time friend still lives close there" he said referring to George since we always played and destroy my dad's flower. I smiled and hugged my dad.

"Thanks dad" I said "sarang-haeyo"(I love you) I added.

" Jeodo-saranghaeyo"(i love you too) he said patting my head affectionately

We had our dinner quickly and dad went to shower and I sat down to watch a Korean movie featuring Lee-Min-Ho my crush,i smiled within myself, no one was going to take George away from me, I love him,call it obsession or whatever,guess what... I don't care

Catherine's POV

I walked in through the magnificent school gates and towards my class, it was still 20 minutes before assembly so I had enough time to rush my assignment.

What?,like you don't do your assignment at school and in the morning,why are you guys like George always calling me a lazy girl

And talking about George, I saw him right ahead on the passage way with a new student, beautiful and had the height of a model, i saw her long straight hair and I immediately knew she was half-caste,she looked just perfect with George smiling as if she was doing an advertisement for a toothpaste brand. She was saying some stuffs that made George smile and I felt a little pain in my heart

Wait..goodness..am I jealous.. Is that jealousy?

The duo of George and the half caste girl were standing close to the door of my class and there was no way I was going to ignore them.
"Good morning" I greeted and went into my class, dropped my bag and brought out my English notebook. Some students were already in class, some girls nearby were dancing scratch that tweaking to some Nicki's song that I had no idea about. I chuckled lightly because the girls were just stressing their life trying to copy Nicki. I personally loved Nicki for her rapping skills but then Cardi B too was bae.

I flipped through my notebook absently and hummed to Bed of lies by Nicki Minija which was now playing.

"Are you OK?" George asked me. I didn't even know when he entered my class and was already seated looking at me with those cute eyes of his.

"Yeah" I said.
"Actually Cheery is my childhood friend and my family friend too and as you have noticed a new student" George explained. Who in the world bears Cherry, a fruit!

"There's no need for you to explain" I said smiling "you owe me no explanation" I added.
"Well I just wanted you to know" he said and glanced at my book and I knew he was going to say something silly.

"So you cannot do your assignment at home, what kind of child are you?" Am sure you would have copied if your serious classmates were here"he said and I slapped his hand.

"Shift jor" I said and faced the book.
"I never knew you were like this" George said like a little baby.
"Now you know" I told him with a duh voice and I saw Cherry approaching us,her face wasn't radiating any joy at all

"George you just left me, I thought you were going to take me to the library" she said dramatically throwing her hands in the air. She totally ignored me like I wasn't sitting there.
"Am sorry Cherry, let me show you the library" George said and stood up and Cherry was already leading the way.
"Later Catherine" he said and then winked at me.

Somebody should catch me,I want to faint.

******
Two days later

I was walking towards the staff room when I heard hushed tones and I recognized the voices as that of George and Cherry, Cherry was now the coolest girl in school and she had some minions already at her beck and call which I found very stupid. I haven't spoken to George since he winked at me almost giving me an heart attack. Cherry seems to like him and was quite clingy. I didn't like to eavesdrop but I couldn't help it.

"George stop acting like you didn't have a crush on me once" Cherry said.

"Cherry that was before OK, that's when we were immature, things have changed" George said
"Really?,remember the kiss, is it because of that Catherine? Is she better than me?" Cherry asked.

"Please Cherry don't bring Catherine into this,you know am not in a good mood" George replied.

"George let me help you,just allow me please" Cherry said in a soothing voice "sarang-hae(I love you)" she added.

"What's that? Better don't sell me with that your Korean language" George said and they both smiled and I watched Cherry close the gap between them and then I came out and George saw me

"Catherine" he muttered,shock written all over his face and Cherry scowling at me for disrupting her perfect moment with George

"That's my name" I replied looking at him,our eyes locked without blinking.

************
Yo!Where are all my K-drama lovers,please come let's take a selfie📹📹📷📷🎥
😂😂😂😂

And What's your favorite Korean movie?

Thanks guys for reading this book and for voting,it really makes my day.

And in case you find a mistake,please kindly DM me,thank you.

And hey did Cherry speak the language well? She tried abi

Please am sure you guys would like to put a smile on a face wouldn't you,so please

👉vote
👉comment
👉share

Thanks for giving this book a chance,I love you all❤❤❤

Yours Wattpadly,
Chioma.