Chapter 25

Hope its not too late to wish you all a happy new year in arrears though.

George's POV

When I got to the hospital where my mum was admitted, I was super scared,our maid had described how my mum was shivering and running temperature. My dad was already present, he was wearing a black suit with a matching tie. Catherine was also here with Natasha, they were all visibly worried because mum was a strong woman and hardly fell sick.

I paced about the corridors for a while, the walls were painted white and there were various posters on the wall talking about family planning, hygiene and the rest. The tiles were sparkling and doctors and nurses with stern faces kept moving about.

I turned back and I could see that the doctor was talking to my dad about something and the only thing that floated to my ear was
"We couldn't save her"

My whole world stopped at once,I could still see the doctor's mouth moving but I didn't bother,I was so confused and felt like hanging myself. Hot tears were threatening to leave my eyes and then I looked at my sister who was moving towards the door with Catherine and my dad,they were all smiling and I wondered if they were stupid or it was just my imagination.

"George don't you want to say hi to mum?" Natasha asked and i quickly cleaned my tears and then I heard the instruction of the doctor

"Please don't spend more than 30 minutes" he said and walked away.

I was immediately confused,I thought he said my mother was dead.

"Natasha I thought I heard the doctor saying somebody was dead?" I asked my sister.

"Yup, a pregnant woman sharing the same room with mum, so unfortunate" Natasha said and I nodded.

"Why were you crying?" Natasha asked

"Something got into my eyes" I lied and then smiled.

I got into the room and met my mum fit. She had a smile on her face and I hugged her. Thank God I didn't lose her.

***
I had just few papers left and I will be done with WAEC and secondary school and then I discovered that I will really miss my classmates, their jokes,noise and annoying characters. I was also going to miss Catherine so much. We were in the canteen after we had finished writing Civic education which was quite easy but tricky. She was sitting beside me and we all surrounded one table. Dave the class jester was cracking jokes about everyone and mimicking teachers, people like Mr Eze our maths teacher was not left out.

Days rolled into months and soon we were finished with all our exams. We were so happy and we celebrated it immediately by pouring water on our clothes,signing on each others clothe and just smiling. It was funny that despite our families being wealthy, we all lived freely and behaved normal.

Now it was just our graduation and after then,everyone was going to part ways. My dad hasn't changed his mind yet but I was quite optimistic,maybe a miracle could just happen.

We had just few weeks to our graduation and I used it as an opportunity to spend more time with Catherine, we went on dates and had good times. Now I couldn't wait for our graduation.

****
I know it wasn't the best chapter but honestly,I have writers block and damn! But i just knew I had to write something down and am really sad now because this book has just one chapter left or maybe two😭😭😭😭

I feel so bad but don't worry😉😉...there's a surprise and so am asking, if this book has a sequel,will you read it?😐

Special thanks to all those reading and voting. I appreciate🙌🙌

And thanks for 8k+ reads guys,am so grateful💞✌

Yours wattpadly,
Chioma.