Progression ... and Confession

I fidgetted nervously, wondering how to explain my feelings to him, especially since I look like this and I know what he's gone through.

Maybe I shouldn't say anything yet? 

I hear Raph start to talk, like if he was trying to figure out what to say too. He was rubbing behind his head, eyes cast to the side, avoiding eye contact with me.

"Uhh...if ya want...we could start that training now...? No time like uh...the present.."

I nod in agreement, not trusting myself to speak, afraid I might flat out tell him. 

So I took a big breath and tried to look ready and determined.

"Yeah, that sounds good to me."

I say, quoting him. 

Maybe we can spend more time together in training and who knows? Either of us might work up the courage to say something.

- Training hours-

I started training with Raph first, because come on, of course I wanted to be with my favourite turtle. Afterwards, I'll train with Sal Commander, then Xeno, if I've still got enough fighting energy...

We started with the basics, warming up our muscles and starting easy.

I figure Raph thought it'd be too much for me to handle, so he's going easy. As nice as that is....

I half wanted him to not go easy. I wanted a challenge.

Sure I'm not as fighter ready as he is, but its almost like playing a really challenging level on a game you like, only ... This is real, plus, I get to compete with Raph.

Raph put his sai away and smirked at me.

"You ready?"

I fold my arms, smiling back at him.

"Sure and you don't have to go easy on me."

Raph scoffs.

"You might be "stronger" and "bigger" than me, especially looking like an occasional dinosaur, but I'm the only one who's got the skill...and had it for more than 15 years."

He said, making quotation marks with his fingers, as if he didn't believe it, or meant something else.

I shake my head, still smiling, taking this as a joke. Raph does have a sometimes  mean sense of  humour, but I  know there's more to him than that.

So I shake my head and smile at him.

"I didn't mean it like that. I want you to do your best and I'll do mine."

I say and leaned down to him slightly.

He laughed and I frowned.

"Girl, you can't handle it."

I used my tail and knocked him onto the floor.

"Try me."

I almost demanded, then stood ready.

Raph looked surprised, then jumped up and stood ready as well.

"Hajime!"

The match was on.

It was tough... Raph was tough... Like I knew he'd be, but I had a few ideas of my own...

After all, I did have a crash course in the middle of that Triceraton attack and Sal Commander did say I have potential.

I was convinced I could stand up to Raph, not because of my  role at the moment, but because I wasn't going to give up. I'd see what Raph was doing and if I find a weak spot... Look out.