Painspiration (Boo boo headcanon)

"Raph, let me see!"

"NO! Get that stuff away from me!"

Sometimes when the turtles are more severely injured, Y'n gets bandages ready.

That sounds all fine and dandy...until she brings out a bottle of rubbing alcohol..

Doesn't matter that its supposed to help, Raph WILL NOT stand for it.

Y'n has to be VERY patient...

Raph will move and protest, so Y'n has to be fast and at least dab the cloth on the wound, which earns a growl and "that hurts!"

To which she reminds him its because he kept moving, so it will hurt more than he'd like it to.

When he's stubborn enough to hide in his shell, she waits, while telling him again why she's doing this and she knows the pain, but that it'll be worse if it doesn't get treated soon.

Its not that Raph's a baby, ofcourse not, but he usually lets his wounds heal on their own, unless Donnie treats them.

He doesn't want to look feeble, especially infront of a girl, but he won't hesitate to cast an angry snort if it does hurt more. Its usually a force of habit. He doesn't want to be ungrateful, but he doesn't like the medicine part.

While she's talking, he'll slowly come back out, more tolerant and willing to let her continue, while being silent and gritting his teeth now and then. In a way, it has its rewards.

She tells him he's brave enough to sit it out and this usually makes him smirk in pride, almost forgetting the tingling.

Leo tolerates it, meditating briefly prior the impact.

At the most, he winces and grunts quietly.

He might shift slightly, but he has some serious self control, so he'll be a little slower to jump up suddenly and pull away.

Donnie maybe accustomed to getting electrocuted, experiments emitting black smoke in his face and getting punched, but the stuff still smarts.

Though...getting nursed instead of being the nurse or doctor is a pleasant change. It slightly helps as well as doesn't help that his nurse is a girl. Since he's not usually treated by one, so he gets butterflies.

Mikey fake cries, in hopes he wouldn't get it, but he still does. To help cope with it, he reads a comic. If he gets immersed in it, he doesn't feel anything and if he does, he might think the comic's so good, he can feel what's happening.

So he's surprised at how fast everything goes, when Y'n says, "All done."

When Y'n has the boo boo...

Her first thought is to either wash it off gently with cool water, or clean with the same rubbing alcohol. It stings, but sooner or later, she'll do it.

Raph might secretly bump her into doing it faster, because he can and like a "now you know how it feels" look written on his face briefly, being a bit mischievous. Until he notices she's actually in pain for a brief moment, to which he apologizes. The most he gets is his feet slid out from under him with a tail whip.

Donnie would offer to help, being the one most sensitive to injuries and a talent for doctoring.

If he knew the looks Raph gave him from behind, knowing that Y'n went to him not him, Raph, for the medicine.

In Donnie's defense, Raph can be a bit rough unintentionally and from past experiences of him being cheeky and accidentally hurting her, this is why some of the time she goes to Donnie or he goes to her if he sees blood or discomfort, as Y'n does not bring attention on purpose to herself when she's in pain. If it looks serious, then she might seek help, but if minor, she might say nothing.

The boys only know if they see tell tale signs like bandages or bleeding, but since Y'n is so calm and casual, they'd almost never notice.

She doesn't even need to intentionally hide it. If she acts normal, they won't notice, until maybe close enough.

Mikey will immediately get sweets, treats and Donnie to help Y'n. He wants her to feel better as soon as possible, so he'll be like a bee drawn to honey from the moment he knows that she is hurting. He'll give her hugs, a few cheek kisses, some on the boo boo too, to help it feel better

(Actually cut myself not too long ago.

I was trying to get my radio to work and missed the part I was hitting. I didn't even know I was bleeding until I felt light tingling and shone light on it.

Don't worry, its not deep, I'm all right 😊

So I thought, why not make some headcanons about injuries?

Another Y/n, but Y'n could also be short for "Y'gythgba" and "Y'ngthgba" 

Personalize the character/ oc, try to make more likeable, relatable to you. I'm thinking of making any later chapters anything relating to Y/n, Y'n and the turtles. The story is virtually finished and at the same time not, since I could still add something alternate like this. Cute headcanons, one shots when I think of them.

What's your favourite chapter of this book? Any favourite scenes, characters?

I like hearing/ reading your input. Hey, you could give suggestions on what could you think could happen if you want to)