Au ROTTMNT: "Mona speaks"

(Imagine yourself in Mona's place. Like X reader :) )

~When Donnie puts down his brothers or talks about "disposing" them ...~

Mona looks at him, confused, studying him.
Why did he speak of his siblings in such an unkindly manner?
From her observances, since they invited her to visit their lair a few times, they acted like friends, brothers. Ofcourse, siblings had arguments and said certain words, but the word choice this one had...didn't sound so familiar.
He must be troubled...
Maybe this was his outlet from his frustrations...
She licked her lips with her long pink tongue and looked at him, preparing herself to speak to him, searching her mind for the right words to say.
"I know you don't mean that."

Donnie looks at her, looking annoyed.
What was she talking about? He knew, but he didn't understand why she was talking to him.
He wasn't in the mood.

"Oh, what would you know?"
He asks with a huff of anger and a "leave me alone" look in his eyes.

Mona flicks an "ear" and shifts her foot.
She'll have to continue now...No going back.
She'll admit, she felt that she might've struck a sensitive spot, but she couldn't stop now.
It wouldn't help. It'd probably make things worse.
She looked at his face, avoiding his eyes, so she could focus on what she was saying.

"I know you'd be lonely and regret it if anything happened to any one of them..."

Donnie looks confused.
How would she know? How did she know he'd feel bad?
He thought he was doing quite well acting very important and brushing everyone away, while taking part in the team in the way he knew how.
He felt his annoyance slightly fading away, as he pondered what she had said.

"You're only upset when they do things you don't like. But you're glad to have them. This is how you cope that's all."
Mona shrugs lightly at his surprised face, as if that eased the tension and her nervousness from the "what if I made him mad" feeling.
To look somewhat normal as well. She did feel a little bit better. Maybe he did too. He didn't look as angry.

~Mikey draws on the walls, or talking about art...~

Mona tilts her head curiously. His art was intriguing. Definitely one of a kind...His kind..
To think the others let him draw on walls. She hears sometimes you couldn't do that. Public places, obviously, but some homes too.
It somehow suited this homey place though. As if, it had a little touch, reminder of the very individual. As good as a picture when you have nothing else to remember someone or something by.

"I'm guessing you're the artist in the family."

Mikey beams proudly, hearing her and turned around in response. He felt very pleased that someone recognized his style and mentioned it. Sometimes his brothers talked about it, but it felt good hearing another opinion too.
Hearing her opinion boosted his confidence in how good it looked.

"You guess right."

Mona wagged her tail and accidentally hit a buck of paint.
She reacted and grabbed it back with her tail.
It splashed, coating the tip of her tail in blue paint.
"Oh, I'm sorry!"
She tried to put the bucket away from the mess, walking into the puddle, absentmindedly, in her rush to clean up and realizing after a few steps.
She winced, feeling embarrassed. She made a mess of things! He's going to be upset that she interrupted and wasted his paint. It was a magnificent shade of blue too..

"I-"

"Don't move!"
Mikey shouts, then runs over and stares wide eyed, speechless. He aimed his hands like camera lens, studying the paint mess.
"Its a work of art!"
He exclaimed, grinning, to the confusion of Mona.