It...worked?

As the muzzle came off and we drew our breath....

We all watched in suspense. LH stared at the giant newt cautiously.

Nothing happened... Except for Newtralizer staring at them all. He shifted, but said nothing for a while.

Was he going to attack? Bite? "

You're going to be a little less  restrained now. Can't say we didn't give you freedom."

LH told him, putting the muzzle aside.

It felt like forever before Newtralizer said something.

"Is this some kind of of new torture? You're waiting for me to attack and then put me back in here again?"

He turned away from them with a huff.

"No, we're giving you a chance to redeem yourself."

LH told him.

"You can either take it, or lose it."

Bishop told him, frowning.

All he got was a scoff and a back to his face.

"Maybe we should let him walk around? Under supervision of course."

Rockwell suggests.

Reluctantly, Bishop agreed and next thing we knew, we were watching Newtralizer like a hawk. Every place he went to, except when he had to go. Even then Bishop had sensors incase he tried to escape.

I watched silently from afar, hoping this didn't end badly for him.

He knew we were watching him and the most he did was watch the Utroms closely, but didn't harm them.

LH stuck a close distance and it seemed that Newtralizer opened up a little bit, giving him more eye contact.

It sounded like they might share some of their stories with each other and the big newt seemed to snap even less.

It was a slow start, but the progress was showing, little by little.

"If you like, you could join us someday."

LH tells Newtralizer, as they're busy with some punching bags that LH decided to bring.

Turns out it was a good idea, because Newt thoroughly enjoyed slashing the bags apart and pounding them to dust.

Looks like he had something to throw all of his anger out on and no one would stop him this time.

"I can't believe how satisfying this is... This is better than...even some of those times in dimension X. Unlike those creatures, I can destroy these and I won't be stopped."

LeatherHead smiled, watching him, then said,

"and its a good way to keep in shape as well."

I couldn't help but hear a few words as we watched on.

Looks like things might be okay.

If LH is okay with him, then maybe,

"Aww, they're like best buds already."

Mikey squeals happily, grinning excitedly.

Yup, maybe everything will be alright..