More lessons and some fun

It was a loud and long morning, full of vocalizing. Almost reminds me of those days where you hear either birds constantly chirping or dogs barking in the night.

I was excited to see what lessons Sal would give me in "Mandrinese"

and so far, it was confusing. Obviously, it was new to me and a language based more on animal noises that can mean anything, especially depending on the tones and how loud or soft a call is, makes it even trickier, sometimes more fun and challenging.... If you like a challenge...

I took a few deep breaths, to vocalize better. 

Sal said to call from your diaphragm, because it helps make the sound more clear and comfortable.

"The sound of the call is important."

He tells me. If  you're not properly growling or vocalizing, you could be misunderstood and that can be lethal if you needed to give a warning or ask for help.

I nodded, which he then told me,

"Don't do that when you're vocalizing. If you must respond, attempt to practice what you have learnt, or a simple "yes" or " no." The more you practice in your natural everyday conversations, the more fluent you will become and easier it will be."

I try making a clicking sound for understanding.

He put his thumb to my jaw, then told me to try that again, which I did.

He clicked with me and showed me how to do it, while rubbing the area on my jaw to tell me where to place my tongue.

Even though the lessons were difficult, most of the time, it felt good when I actually did everything right and Sal smiled instead of frowned or told me to repeat three times.

Despite how slow or fast I was at learning, Sal didn't rush or get frustrated.

He did scold a few times, but even that felt a bit gentle.

The roughest he was, was when he was feeling and rubbing my jaw or throat to remind how to click, growl, whimper, howl, grunt or squeak precisely. When it came to body language, he sometimes tugged on my tail, nearly making me fall, when I was crooked.

It almost felt like I was learning to dance, like a ballerina, or exercise, practce for a big event, like a race or a competition with worthy opponents.

Atleast he wasn't yelling commands at me, like it is expected when you're learning how to be ready in a war. Maybe its because he knew I might not be accustomed to harsh training, or maybe he wanted to try a different method. Maybe he felt that the scolding and yelling only made the students stressed and harder for them to do everything in one go for many attempt until they did get it right.

Maybe simply, he didn't want to force me. Then again, its not like all Salamandrians are fighters. Some must be doing other jobs, like watching over the injured, sick, young. Maybe some are more of guardians.

I half wondered if he was doing this, because he knew I was not like the rest and everyone if I showed potential, he wanted to test me slowly first, before getting harsher, to see how fast I could learn.

I felt a tail slap to the middle of my back and straightened myself.

"Keep your back straight."

He orders, sounding a bit more serious.

-Hour after+

I stood, hands on my waists, catching my breath. I wanted to sit, but at the same time, I wanted to stay on my feet, ready incase he said something. My knees shook and I felt my body trembling.