six

six months and 14 days,

six months and 14 days since he'd been taken,

six months and 14 days of taehyung and jimin's dirty jokes,

six months and 14 days of seokjin calming him down after namjoon's agonizing words,

six months and 14 days of late night talks with yoongi, 

six months and 14 days of hoseok cheering him up,

six months and 14 days, the time it took for him to slowly open up to the members.

he now plays along with jimin and taehyung's jokes, talks to yoongi more often and spends time with hoseok. however, namjoon had always been cold to the younger, it seemed like everyone knew why-- except for him.

jungkook gradually forgot about chanyeol, accepting the fact that he'd never be able to leave.

-----------

"are you guys ready?" namjoon inquired, sparing glances to each member and looking for any signs of disagreement. they were buying something off of a precarious seller-- as to why each member was attending the meet up.

however, they were bringing jungkook along this time-- after speculating his field skills, they thought he could come in handy.

the seven sat in the van, silence took over-- leaving them in a rather awkward atmosphere. the music on the radio faintly played in the background, emitting an inaudible song due to it's low volume. 

namjoon was driving with yoongi in the passenger seat, the other 5 in the back.

the silence lasted no longer, as taehyung decided to speak up,

"so jungkook, it's your first mission-- if you can call it that, how you feeling?" the silver haired boy beamed at the younger, who only shrugged in response, not really afflicted. 

the awkward atmosphere quickly returned for the rest of the ride. 

the vehicle came to a halt as they stopped in front of an old looking warehouse. the leader gestured for them to climb out, and once they did, he spoke up.

"taehyung and jungkook, guard the doors. yoongi, jimin and hoseok stay behind me, and seokjin, next to me," he paused for a brief moment, then continued, "if they try anything sketchy, i'll press this," he motioned over to a button on his 'ring.' "jungkook and taehyung, you'll recieve a signal and come in, armed."

the other six responded with a curt nod.

taehyung and jungkook watched as the other boys walked in, turning to each other immediately.

"door duty is the worst." taehyung pouted, sliding down against the wall. he patted next to him, motioning for jungkook to sit down.

"i'm never on door duty," the youger smiled as he sat on the cement floor. it's true, whenever he went on missions with chanyeol, he'd be present with the other.

"i always am, i'm starting to think they low-key hate me," taehyung chuckled and jungkook joined.

the laughter quickly died down, jungkook took it as an opportunity to speak up.

"hey, taehyung?" 

"hm?" the older hummed, cocking his head to the side to meet jungkook's gaze.

"how come none of you are in a relationship?" he questioned and furrowed his brows. during his 6 months, he speculated the fact that none of the boys were in serious relationships-- it made him curious. back at his old base, everyone was in a relationship, including him and his lover-- ex lover. 

"namjoon doesn't approve of relationships, he thinks they're just distractions and pointless." taehyung chuckled, a hint of sadness in his tone as he looked down at his hands.

"oh," jungkook paused for a brief moment, then continued, "what about you and jimin? aren't you guys-- i mean--" he couldn't form his words as he spoke, but watched as taehyung giggled at his preturbance.

"oh no-- no, no, no!" taehyung snickered, "me and jimin only mess around, no romance involved." he turned his head to look at jungkook once again, who looked shock.

"so-- it's only you guys who mess around?" jungkook questioned, furrowing his brows.

"i mean there's namjoon and seokjin, hoseok and jimin, yoongi and jimin, hoseok and i-- oh and even sometimes me, namjoon and jimin!" taehyung listed the pairs as if it were nothing, leaving jungkook in complete awe.

"you're telling me-- everyone just fucks each other? randomly?" jungkook was still at a loss of words. he couldn't possibly imagine the other members doing such things, he knew he wouldn't view them the same-- not after this.

"i mean, it's a gay world after all." taehyung flashed a lopsided grin to the younger, who only shook his head in amusement. 

"guys, we're leaving now, get in the car." hoseok's voice boomed through the walkie talkies, scaring the two.

"jesus, hobi is one loud fucker." taehyung grumbled as he stood up, watching as jungkook did the same. jungkook chuckled at taehyung's comment. 

the two began strolling towards the car. taehyung turned the engine on and climbed into the backseat with jungkook, and they waited for the other five.

a shriek escaped jungkook's lips as the door he was leaning on was pulled open, causing him to fall out-- he waited for the impact, but it didn't come; instead he found himself in namjoon's arms.

"god jungkook, be more aware next time." jungkook's eyes widened as he stared up at namjoon, who's arms were hooked under his. namjoon grunted as he slowly lifted jungkook into his seat, however the younger was petrified.

"sorry," he said, gulping. namjoon didn't reply, instead he shut the door and jogged over to the driver's seat. taehyung and jimin giggled at jungkook's mini trauma.

they drove back home, jungkook still in complete shock.