e i g h t e e n

"no- y-you're nothing like the j-joon i know," jungkook gulped, stepping back every time namjoon decided to get closer.

chanyeol scoffed,
"kim, leave him alone. he doesn't wanna go with you."

"stay the fuck out of this, chanyeol." namjoon snapped then looked back at jungkook. as they made eye contact; jungkook couldn't believe it. this wasn't the same person who comforted him, this was a monster.

"you really think we took you away from them for no reason?" namjoon furrowed his brows and frowned at the boy while he spoke.
"hell, we didn't even care that he killed taemin— it was just an excuse have you back."

"jungkook, you couldn't have forgotten us. i know you still remember. does hobi hyung ring a bell?" hoseok spoke, jungkook felt his stomach churn at the name.

"hobi, stop!" jungkook giggled, running away from the boy who kept smearing chocolate spread on his face.

"come on kookie, we have to be even!" a young hoseok grinned, chasing after jungkook with chocolate smeared hands.

"hyung, i'm tired." jungkook panted as he came to a halt, but it didn't stop hoseok from covering the younger's face with chocolate.

"we're even now." hoseok laughed, earning a giggle from jungkook.

"don't act like you don't remember, kook." namjoon sighed. jungkook mouth hung ajar, tears brimming in his eyes. he just realized why he felt so safe and comfortable in that house. he realized that these were the people who actually raised him and looked after him after his fathers death.

he turned to chanyeol, a sheen of gloss in his eyes. chanyeol had this look on his face; one that jungkook couldn't decipher. but as he bit his lip, chanyeol looked defeated.

"i— is this true, yeollie?" jungkook whispered, his hands were shaking at his side, legs threatening to give up from the new information.
the gaze chanyeol returned confirmed that it was true. jungkook wrapped his arms around the taller,

"i'm sorry." chanyeol muttered, "i'm sorry for lying all these years." jungkook sucked in a sharp breathe, then pulled away.

"thank you for everything, hyung." jungkook offered a small smile, turning on his heels to face namjoon and hoseok.

before even thinking, he sprinted towards them; engulfing then in a big hug.
"i'm sorry for not believing you." jungkook cried, clutching tightly at namjoon's shirt.

namjoon kissed the top of jungkook's head, holding him for a few moments. jungkook still couldn't believe that they were the same people who looked after him when he was small, loved and always supported him.

hoseok was the first to pull away from the hug when he heard someone clear their throat.

"not to be a party pooper but i'm gonna get going, bye koo." chanyeol smiled sadly, waving at the younger. jungkook lifted his head from namjoon's shoulder, sending a small wave towards the older.

hoseok, namjoon and jungkook began walking towards the van, but jungkook stopped in his tracks.

"namjoon," jungkook said, and namjoon hummed in response. "you're gonna fix things with taehyung when we're back, right?"

namjoon's breathe hitched but he softly nodded before they got into the car and drove back home.

—————-

eek im sorry for the late update i have so many exams akdjajd

also this chapter sucks ass