Friends and Other Things

So far so good...

A fist flies at my face, hitting me hard in the jaw. It forces me to take a half step back and readjust my footing, taking deep breaths in the process.

I think anyway.

I pull my own fist back and send it forward, hitting the vamp just as hard in the jaw but it sends him back stumbling a couple of steps.

We've barely been here twelve hours and already we've run into at least 20 vamps. And the first six hours was just us checking in and getting settled so we could wait for the sun to go down.

He comes at me again but I'm ready for him this time with a quick one-two punch followed by a side kick that sends him crashing into the concrete wall of the alleyway before falling to the ground on his back.

It's actually a lot of fun. I can't remember the last time I managed to get an actual fight out of a vamp.

Reaching into my jacket pocket, I pull out my stake as he rolls away from me long enough to get up.

Probably the last time I came here, which has to be at least more than six months ago. Almost makes me miss living in Sunnydale... wow, never thought I'd have that feeling.

The vamp comes at me one last time, this time very unsure of himself and I use the opportunity to throw a spinning back fist to his face before plunging the stake right into his heart. He explodes into dust right in front of me as I step back to minimize the dust I get on my clothes.

I must be having a REALLY good time if I'm having good feelings about slaying vamps in Sunnydale, either that or I'm having a psychotic episode.

My eyes head in the direction of the sounds of fighting further down the alley. It's darker because most of the lights have been either been knocked out or burnt out for one reason or another. I walk towards the fighting slowly to let my eyes adjust the way I'm sure Faith's already have. All I hear are the sounds of fists connecting as a flickering light further down the alley gives me glimpses of the fight. Then all of the sudden when I get pretty close to the fight, I see the vamp get in a lucky kick and Faith comes tumbling in my direction.

Oh, crap...

When she runs into me, I grab her around the waist and try to turn us to put her between me and the ground but she puts her hands against my shoulders and the weight that goes into that, forcing me down first. She lands on top of me and I land on the cold, hard, slightly damp ground.

Ow, I hate it when she does that. We may both be slayers, but she's still got a weight advantage on me. I'll have to tease her about that later.

I look up at her and she's got this grin on her face.

"You should watch where you stand B. If you're not careful, you might actually get hurt."

Letting go of her, I shift my body weight back and forth to try and get her off me and eventually she rolls away and gets back up to fight. After she starts fighting the vamp with a combo of left and right punches, I get myself up slowly to watch now that my eyes are pretty much adjusted fine.

"Or you could try not falling, I hear it's nice and I'd like to try it."

She kicks the vamp in the gut and he stumbles, not attacking right away, which just naturally gives her the opportunity to look over at me and do more grinning.

"Yeah but where would be the fun in that?"

Faith goes back to fighting and I just roll my eyes at her, checking my outfit for anything tragic.