Nesting Instincts

The air in the place instantly changes the second we walk through the front door together and everyone and everything in the place looks right at us in quiet fear/awe.

I never know how to feel about that. It's been happening to me in demon bars all over the world for almost my entire slayer life and I still don't know what to feel when it happens. The way they all just seem to know when I'm coming and expect it so they all turn to see what I'm gonna do when I come in. I've felt it all. At first it was really weird and uncomfortable to have them all staring at me every second I was inside the four walls waiting for me to do something. Then it was kinda cool to know that I had the kinda power to inspire a room full of fear just by walking through the door and invading their personal space.

Then things went back to uncomfortable before heading into feeling like it gave me a reason to start a bar fight and kill a whole bunch of them, and then there was the cool feeling territory again. Right now it's a little of both uncomfortable and cool.

"Relax boys and demons. We're just here for a quiet drink. No need to get bent about it."

Faith has a handle on it apparently though.

They all sorta go back to whatever I'm sure disgusting thing they were in the middle of doing before we came in. Part of me relaxes the tense muscles I didn't even know I was tensing as we make our way towards the main bar.

Of course, Faith likes to think that she's got a handle on a lot of things, but I have a habit of knowing better. I'm just hoping that tonight will give me a chance to help her get a firm grip on a few things she probably thinks she has control of. Or at least open the door to. If we can find a decent nest, get in a serious brawl, and hopefully both come out alive, then I think I can get her to open up. I just hope that last night was an indication of a thriving vamp community that sprung up since we were last here.

Faith turns to me as we get to the bar with a big smile on her face.

"You wanna ask or should I?"

I shrug and sorta motion for her to go ahead if she wants with my hands. She turns suddenly towards the bartender and lets loose a serious punch to her face, possibly breaking the girl's nose.

Ow, geez, that was sorta unnecessary. I know she's a vamp and sorta insists on us doing that every time we want information out of her just so it looks like she's not giving it over willingly, but it doesn't usually require something with that much force.

"Talk!"

Sharia tries to sell the punch as much as possible which isn't hard considering how hard Faith has a tendency to punch before saying anything.

"Ow, all right... what... what do you wanna know?"

She looks over at me with her hands cupping her nose and I just sorta shrug to keep up appearances while flashing her a slightly apologetic smile that's hopefully not obvious to anyone nearby.