Uncomfortable Conversations

I really hope that he can help us get somewhere.

Faith, Angel and I make our way into the room and close the door behind us.

Because if he can't get anywhere with Dawn, I'm not sure what we're going to do. I mean, we have an almost plan, even if we don't really know how to go about it yet. But I'd rather not have to do anything to Dawn other than make her see the path she's heading down is bad for her if I don't have to.

We find a place to be, Faith and I making sure to keep enough distance between us, and face each other.

I just hope he can help us.

"So... how's it going?"

Faith and I look at each other.

Not entirely sure how to answer that but I'll try.

"As good as we can be, I guess."

"Thanks for coming to help us. We know you've got your own things going on and all."

I should probably ask.

"Speaking of your own things..."

Angel goes there before I have to.

"Wolfram and Hart don't know I'm here. I made sure of it. Connor and I have a line to each other that's outside the firm's influence. Which, I have to ask, how did he get involved in all this?"

He should probably know everything I guess.

"It was Dawn."

Faith kinda picks up the story.

"Apparently they met at Stanford, mostly by chance. We don't really know all the details exactly, but Dawn got herself into some trouble with a vamp and Connor tried to help her out of it."

"I'm guessing it didn't go well."

He always was pretty observant.

"No but we think that was mostly Dawn's fault. She..."

Faith doesn't necessarily want to finish that thought, so I do.

"She's changed a lot since Sunnydale, and especially since going to college."

Angel looks at Faith.

"Since you guys broke up."

Angel knows about Faith and my sister?

"You know about them?"

Faith explains.

"I told him about us back when it was happening. He's my friend, we talk."

I look between Angel and Faith.

I didn't know.

"Oh..."

Faith kinda shifts uncomfortably.

"She didn't exactly take our break up well, and I think Connor was on the receiving end of that."

In more ways than one. Should I mention what happened between his son and my sister?

"And now she's completely gone off the rails. She doesn't listen to anyone, plus with her powers and everything..."

"Powers?"

Faith and I look at each other before I explain.

"We think she has the power to manipulate reality. To change things into the way she likes it or wants it."

"Change it how?"

"Apparently, she turned a vampire human again... then back into a vampire."

"Which is why Connor asked me about a vampire to human transformation using blood."