Contemplation

Eleven Hopper walked outside onto the porch. She sat down on the steps in her dress, the cold nipping at her. The wind sent chills up her spine. She was covered in ashes from the fire. She questioned herself. Did she really see Mike?

The people she had known all her life just wouldn't stop. They wanted to continue with the horrible things that they knew just weren't right. She wanted to do something about it. She wanted to make a difference for once. She wanted proved that she was something, rather than nothing.

The door creaked open and footsteps were audible on the porch behind her. The next thing she knew, Hopper sat down beside her, and placed a blanket around her.

"You know, you said a few things out loud. Are you talking to yourself? Are you alright?" Hopper asked, with concern.

Hopper was basically her dad now. He adopted her, took her in, and took care of her. She was so blessed. After all of the terrible times at the lab, she realized that she had a home here in Hawkins.

"I heard you say that you wanted to prove something."

"Yes."

"You don't have to prove anything, El. Just know that there are people here who love you."

Eleven leaned in and rested against Hopper.

A few yards away, Michael Wheeler was walking, snow up to his shins. 

But he was not alone.