Summer Romance

Kendall moved the hair out of my face as the waves crashed against the sand at our feet. Summer was ending soon and we only had less than two weeks before his band Big Time Rush's "Music Sounds Better With You" tour would be coming to an end. I had tried to ignore the fact that we wouldn't see eachother for awhile after it ended, but it was a hard thought to process. Kendall and I had gotten close over the past couple of months and with the band getting a much needed break for two months, that meant we probably wouldn't see one another especially if my brother had a say in the matter.

You see, my brother is involved in the band just as much as Kendall. I guess you would call him a bandmate. Which made this whole situation with Kendall and I had that much more difficult. It didn't matter that he was a celebrity or that he had a million girls throwing themselves at him, the only thing that mattered to my big brother James was that Kendall was first and foremost his friend and most importantly was labeled as "The Bad Boy". Which I honestly didn't get, because Kendall seemed to be one of the kindest people I had ever met. Though sometimes I felt he had another side to him, dangerous maybe? But in his own way. He was adventurous and gentle, so I just took it as my brother being overprotective.

I guess if you haven't caught the drift yet, James Maslow is my big brother. Only brother if you would like to get technical and overprotective he was. it was sweet at first knowing he was looking out for me, but the older I get the more obnoxious he got. Yes, I know being seventeen doesn't make me an adult but with only four months left until my eighteenth birthday was there anyway anyone could really stop me from being with who I wanted? 

Our parent's haven't exactly been the greatest of parents one could have, so they obviously didn't see the harm in it, mostly because they were too busy enjoying the money and the long trips and shopping sprees to really pay attention to what went on in our personal lives. But as for everyone else that knew Kendall or knew of him loved him, I just wish James would stop and  look at this as an opportunity for his little sister to be happy. Surely he could put aside the big brother act long enough to see that Kendall and I just make sense. I know though it may have been a different scenario if Kendall hadn't of been his friend first.

He wrapped his arms around me as the night air became brisk. His hair hung in his face, while he enjoyed the sunset with me.

"I don't want this summer to end"
I said while laying in Kendall's arms, the beach was a place we had came a custom to spending alot of our time together, away from the other guys.

Kendall let out a heavy sigh, moving me closer to him to where I was sitting in front of him in between his legs pulling my back against his chest. "Neither do I, but who says it has to?" He replied with a scoff "This is your life.. don't let James ruin something that might become something even greater later on." Kendall added with complete seriousness to his tone of voice. He moved his head slightly enough to kiss me on the cheek.

He was right though, the longer I let James think he had a say so in what happened in my personal life the longer this would continue to keep me from my own happiness.

"You're right, I know you are... it's just hard sometimes. I guess maybe because of our whole family situation maybe that's why he holds on so tightly. Maybe he's just trying to be a parental figure since ours don't care enough to be"

Kendall shook his head but he listened, which was something I really liked about Kendall that he took the time to listen to me, though James thought he was looking out for my best interest. That's something he lacked, the part where he should listen to what I'm saying not what he didn't want to hear.

"Listen, I know he's your brother and you love him. Just don't make excuses for him okay?... if you and I are going to be together, like actually together we've got to stop caring what he thinks about us. Friend or no friend.... he should just care that his sister is what makes me happy and vice versa"

Everything he said made sense I just hope that James wouldn't flip out on the two of us if we made things more official instead of the sneaking around like we've been doing.

"I know, do you think you could talk to him?"

"Yeah I guess if I want us to go any further we need to tell him and the other guys we want to get serious"

That night the two of us must have drifted off to sleep in one another's arms on top of a blue beach towel we had sitting underneath us on top of the sand. We were sleeping peacefully so peaceful I didn't want to get up when I heard my cell phone going off.

"Don't answer it" Kendall said pulling me closer to him so I wouldn't be able to grab my phone. "What if it's important? What time is it anyway?" I said when he shushed me, "shhhhh it'll be fine just let me hold you a little while longer and we'll go back" I couldn't help but smile as he pulled me closer to his lips and kissed me leaving me completely and totally paralyzed with emotions that I had never felt before by anyone else, it was indescribably great.