Gally: An Unspoken Thing (Part 2)

*Okay, so this one continues the day/couple of days and show how each of the boys (Newt, Alby, Gally) deal with Ward while she's unwell*

Newts POV;

"Hey," Newt cooed, walking into the hut and seeing Ward curled up on one of the beds, "how's my soldier?" He asked softly, leaning against the doorframe

"Hey," Newt cooed, walking into the hut and seeing Ward curled up on one of the beds, "how's my soldier?" He asked softly, leaning against the doorframe. She squirmed, trying to get into as tight a ball as possible.

She whimpered, frustrated with herself before answering him. "You're not my mother Newt," she snapped, groaning before she continued in a softer tone. "I hate this," she said, her hands covering her lower stomach, "I feel like shuck, and I probably look like shuck too. Newtie, I can't," she said, almost crying. Newt wiped the water from his own eyes, frantic to cheer them both up.

"Listen here young lady," Newt said, his voice stern like he really was her mother, "You know I'm going to look after you. Now come on, you're doing great," he cooed, watching her pull herself even closer to stop the pain. She whimpered, and he suddenly panicked inside. "Do you want me to get Gally? Do you need him?" He asked, his voice steady because he knew she needed him to be gentle with her.

"He'd be furious if he got interrupted from his work because of me," Ward replied, genuinely believing what she was saying.

"That's not fair Ward," Newt said, shaking his head. He walked closer and sat on the edge of the bed, stroking her ankle carefully, "you know he'd be down here as soon as I mentioned your name," he said, watching her open her eyes to look at him.

Ward gave a small scoff, rolling her eyes at him. "He doesnt love me that much Newt," she said, "If it were a choice between me and building things he'd go to the thing he loves. Gally loves building things."

"Now you know that's just the tummy demon talking," Newt replied, smiling a little to comfort her, "you know you get depressed the first day, it's just natural," he said, remembering too many times he'd had to convince her that everyone still loved her. Newt remembered the first time he'd had to look after Ward. At the time she hadn't let anyone near her, not even Gally, who was still quite nervous around her at the time and had no clue she liked him back. He'd eventually made her talk to him, convincing her he was trustworthy because he kept making her laugh and kept complementing her even though she disagreed with him. If was something the other boys hadn't really understood. When Ward was upset, if she said that your complements weren't true, it meant that she needed more of them. 

"Newt?" She asked, uncurling slightly to look at him.

"Yes my soldier?" He asked, tilting his head to smile at her.