Merlin: Trouble (Part 3)

Merlin's POV;

"Merlin, take the night off," Arthur said once I'd put out his dinner, with an extra place set for Lady Morena.

"What? You're actually giving me a night off?" I smirked at him, wondering where his sudden generosity had come from.

"Merlin," he snapped, catching me with a gaze I'd only ever seen a dragon do before, "I don't want to be disturbed, now get out before Lady Morena sees you. She doesn't take kindly to servants," he ordered, scowling at me until I reluctantly walked out of his room. Once I'd closed the door however, I smirked to myself. If she doesn't take kindly to servants, I thought to myself, then how come she trusted me to help her dress this morning?

I'd almost stated this fact to Arthur, but that would have gotten me into serious trouble, let alone Lady Morena. I didn't realise I was still lingering outside Arthur's door until the Lady in question appeared in front of me. "Merlin? What are you doing here?" She whispered to me, snapping me out of my daydream.

"Sorry," I whispered back, pivoting around her to let her through, "I was just leaving. Enjoy your dinner with Arthur," i said to her.

She rolled her eyes at me, "I'll try to," she muttered, "Now go on Merlin, before Arthur catches you. Not that i don't wish you were here, it's just he doesn't take kindly to servants when I come to dine with him," she said.

"He said the same about you," I whispered, leaning closer to her.

"Don't worry about it Merlin," she sighed, "now go on, shoo! I'll see you tomorrow morning, bright and early," she said, pushing me away slightly. I took a step backwards before slowly turning and walking away, back to Gaius's room.

Morena's POV;

I wished Merlin didn't have to go, but I waited until I could see him round a corner before softly knocking on Arthur's door. "Morena?" Arthur asked, his tone quieter than usual.

"Who else?" I asked, putting on my fake flirty smile for him when he opened his door. He flashed me a wild grin, pulling me in quickly. He locked the door, at the same time pushing me against it and kissing me roughly. I would have pushed him away but that would be disobeying the Prince, so I let him kiss me.

He pulled away after a few minutes, seeing the glazed look on my face. He frowned and stepped away from me. I could breathe normally again as I felt his weight pull off of me, and I looked towards the dining table at the food. "Might I ask we dine before continuing?" I asked, looking at him hopefully.

"If you wish," he said, gesturing me to a chair where a place was set before sitting down next to me. I started to eat, trying to take my time whilst watching how much wine Arthur drank.

"Morena," He said to me firmly, "my new servant, Merlin, what did you make of him when he spoke to you earlier?" He asked. I wondered whether he had heard something about earlier, but from his tone I guessed he was genuinely curious.

"He seems a good servant," I began, treading my words cautiously, "loyal, able to follow instructions," I almost smirked at the second part, "he seems to have a good heart." I finished.

"Even though his brain is the same consistency as pudding," Arthur remarked. I almost stood up and left, but I couldn't risk my position, not even for Merlin.

"Speaking of pudding," I smiled suggestively at the Prince, playing a game to change the subject, "speak sweetly to me." I said.

Arthur smiled his usual cocky smile, "I will if you come closer," he replied, patting his knee to make me understand.