The Umbrella Academy - Carnival

Hello! This is the third oneshot of the week leading up to the end of the world. I really enjoy writing about what they did as kids, hope you enjoy this one!

~~~

"Allison look! I'm going to win you any prize you want," Luther said, dragging her to one of the game stalls.

"Ben! Oh Ben! Look how much candy floss I can fit in my mouth all at once!" Klaus called, holding up a ball of candy floss bigger than his head.

"Klaus no!" Ben yelled.

"Five, will you come on the rides with me? I'm scared." Vanya asked, poking Five until he looked up from his physics book.

"Of course Vanya," Five sighed, taking her hand.

Diego was the only one not enjoying the carnival. He sat on a bench with Grace, holding her hand as she watched the others play.

"Diego dear, isn't there something you want to do?" She asked.

Diego shook his head.

"Use your words sweetie," she encouraged.

"It's ok-k-Kay M-m-Mum," Diego stuttered, "I just w-w-want to w-w-watch."

Grace smiled and turned back to where Luther was playing on the test your strength machine.

Diego watched his siblings closely. He loved them all, of course he did, but they were completely insane, every single one of them. Ben was wrestling Klaus to stop him choking on fairy-floss, while Klaus was laughing maniacally and hiding the floss in his hair for later.

Five and Vanya were on the carousel, Five was still reading his physics book as he rode a pastel blue unicorn. Vanya was smiling, a rare thing these days, and Diego couldn't help but smile too. He liked it when Vanya smiled, because she never meant to tease or deceive anyone. She just smiled when she was happy. Diego thought it was strange that most of Vanya's smiles came when she was around Five, because Five only smiled because he was about to do something really scary.

Luther had broken the test your strength machine. To stop him for playing a different game the stall owner offered him any toy he wanted. Luther looked at Allison and she pointed to the biggest one. A giant purple gorilla that she had to hold above her head so it didn't drag on the ground. Diego tilted his head to watch them. Sometimes he didn't know if he liked Allison much, and he knew he didn't like Luther at all, but for some reason when they were together he felt happy.

This confused him so he shook his head and looked back up at Grace. "M-m-Mum, can w-we go home s-soon?" He asked.

"We only just got here Diego," Grace said, "besides, I don't want to spoil their fun yet."

"Who cares," Diego crosses his arms.

"I care," Grace said sternly to him, "You kids should be allowed some fun. You are children after all," she said.

"I'm alm-m-most nine!" Diego argued.

"I'm pretty sure your father calls you Two," Grace smiled, looking down at him.

"Yeah, only cus Luther's t-t-taller than m-me," Diego mumbled.

"Diego, you should try one game while we're here," Grace tried again, "We don't know when we'll get another carnival like this."

"Fine," Diego sighed, "Only f-for you M-m-Mum."

"That's my boy," Grace smiled.

Diego walked around the carnival for a while. Allison hadn't put that gorilla down in the past hour, and Luther was now carrying more prizes in his arms, all matching shades of purple. Klaus and Ben were watching a fire-twirler until Klaus dunked his head in the gasoline bucket and tried to drink some. Ben pulled his head out, but Klaus had definitely drank some. Klaus spit out what was left of it in his mouth. "That's disgusting!" He cried, "Excuse me, my good fire-twirler man, have you any flammable liquids that taste like sherbet instead?" He asked.