Merlin: Trouble (Part 11)

Morena's POV;

I dressed in my pale blue dress, changing out of my red dress because I didn't want to get too hot while I sat outside and watched Arthur training. I'd asked him only so I could sneak in some time with Merlin, because I was eager to see him. I was looking forward to our next few days together without Gaius, but I was desperate to see my adorable boy now.

I checked myself over in the mirror, smiling at my reflection. The mirror, because I'd charmed it, showed an image of Merlin behind me, looking at me bashfully. I smiled at the mirror-Merlin, and he smiled back before disappearing. I nodded, placing a silver ringlet in my hair and braiding little strands of it.

~~~
It wasn't long before training was in full swing. I was sitting next to Merlin on a bench, and Merlin was sharping some of the weapons. Arthur was swinging a sword around, smiling every time that was a satisfying CLANG sound from swords hitting each other. He'd always enjoyed this, and I watched half-amused.

Another knight fell, and Arthur grabbed another sword off of Merlin, before calling Sir Edmund to train with him. Sir Edmund was, fortunately a very good swordsman. He was tall, with shoulder-length dark hair that he had to tie with a strip of leather to keep it out of his face. He was clean shaven, his eyes were an amber colour, and he was probably the funniest of all the knights of Camelot. I thought to myself, I'd never realised how Sir Edmund looked like the more athletic, older brother of Merlin. What Merlin had though, his sweetness and pure excitement over little things was what drew me to the young sorceror more.

"Sir Edumund's doing well," Merlin commented, seeming to grit his teeth. I turned my head to look at him, a little confused.

"What's wrong sweet one?" I whispered, watching Merlin's eyes go a little stormy in colour.

"I noticed you staring at him." He muttered, avoiding my gaze.

Had I been staring? I guess I had, "Oh Merlin," I giggled, "I was just thinking about how much he reminded me of you," I said.

Merlin still seemed upset. "Then why don't you go and ask him out?" He asked bitterly. He still wasn't getting my point, so I knew I had to be more direct with him. I slowly and gently sneaked one hand under the table and placed it on Merlin's leg. He seemed still unfazed, so I slipped my hand lower and squeezed the lower inside of his thigh. This made him jump, and he coughed to make a distraction.

"What are you doing?" He asked, giving me a nervous smile.

"You don't think that I like you still," I said, keeping my gaze back on Arthur and his training, "I'm proving it to you." I said, stroking circles on his inner thigh gently.

Merlin squirmed slightly, trying to get back to his work. I pressed harder, feeling him tense. His hand quickly shot between his legs, grasping my wrist and stopping me from touching him more. I raised an eyebrow and he gave me a sheepish smile. "We can't do this out in the open," he said, before leaning closer and whispering, "though I can see you mean it." Because he was whispering in my left ear Arthur couldn't see what he was doing. Softly, very softly and slowly Merlin kissed me, and I let out an involuntary groan. I felt my face glowing crimson just as Sir Edmund had been disarmed and left on the grass. Merlin pulled away from me quickly, going back to his work even though he was very proud of what he had done to me.

"Merlin!" I hissed at him, just as Arthur came bounding towards us. He glared down nose at Merlin, before leaning forward to get closer to me.

"I know who it is," Arthur whispered, giving me a very wide, confident smile before turning back to Merlin. "Merlin, come on, I've got chores for you and I need to get out of this armour." He barked. Merlin grudgingly stood up, looking down at me as Arthur started towards the castle.