Merlin: Trouble (Part 14/Finale?)

Merlin's POV;

"I brought you your sleeping potion for tonight," I said, laying the bottle on Morgana's table. I was backing away towards the door when Morgana spoke.

"Merlin, Gwen told me you followed that, Morena girl, at the ball," Morgana said, her voice dripping with disgust. I frowned, my 'idiot' face already painted on.

"I wanted to make sure she was alright," I said, "Arthur wasn't being much of a gentleman."

Morgan scoffed, making me frown. "Merlin that's a stupid excuse," she rolled her eyes at me, "Everyone knows that Morena's not a Lady, in any form of the word."

"What do you mean?" I asked, something in my chest tightening as I thought about Morena. I couldn't understand why Morgana and Gwen hated her so much, considering everyone else was so nice to her.

"Merlin," Morgana started, looking me in the eyes, "You really don't know, do you?" She asked, frowning with concern.

I shrugged, so she continued. "Merlin, I would stay away from Morena," she said, "I wouldn't want you to get hurt."

"Why?" I scoffed, smiling at her, "It's not like I'm dating her or anything," I added, though that was obviously a lie.

"Merlin," Morgana paused, stepping closer to me, "Lady Morena, she's Arthur's concubine." She said.

I frowned, "No she's not," I said quickly, "She would have told me."

Morgana frowned sadly, "Merlin, she has been for three years. Everyone knows. I was there when Arthur first told Uther. The king was so proud. If you don't believe me, Where is she right now?" She asked.

My eyes widened as I realised. "She's having lunch, with Arthur," I stammered.

"Merlin I'm sorry," Morgana said. I frowned, stumbling out of her chambers and starting to run through the castle to Arthur's chambers. My whole body seemed to heat up, adrenaline rushing through me as my hands starting shaking. I couldn't think, but I knew what I was going to do. I was going to kill Arthur.

I ripped the door open, registering Arthur's surprised face for a second before I screamed at him. "How dare you touch her!" I yelled, taking a step closer to him. Suddenly there was a sword at my throat and I staggered back against the closed door. Morena had her body pressed firmly up against me, her eyes locked with mine as she held a sword just under my chin.

I wasn't worried about the sword, I kept staring Arthur down. He was now on his feet, his eyes wide in confusion. "I could take you down with one blow," I glared at him, watching his expression turn to horrified.

"I could take you apart with less than that," Morena whispered to me, making me look down. I blinked a few times, not sure what she'd just said. I was breathing heavily, but I'd stopped shaking, and I guessed she thought I wasn't as much of a threat anymore.

Morena's POV;

"Merlin, will you please explain yourself?" Arthur interrupted us. I could feel Merlin starting to settle, so I shifted my body to keep him to the door. I moved the sword to my other hand and held it out to the side.

"Arthur, would you please take this sword off me?" I asked, turning just slightly so I could see him over my shoulder.

Arthur slowly stepped closer to me, reaching out to take the sword by the handle. Once I'd let go of the sword Arthur stepped backwards a few paces. He looked worried, and kept glancing to Merlin.

I turned my head to Merlin too. "prohibere tempus," I whispered, my eyes flashing at him. Arthur was frozen in time, and Merlin and I were trapped between the seconds so I could talk to him.