Professor X/Charles Xavier (McAvoy): Science

Charles made a beeline for the bar, the flash of red hair carrying him half-drunk to a woman he'd never seen before. "My my, I've never seen such an exquisite variation of the MCR1 gene," he started, trying his best to remember his favourite pickup line, "You know you're gorgeous hair colour is a mutation, a very groovy mutation in fact-," he smiled, about to charm her with his intellect.

 "My my, I've never seen such an exquisite variation of the MCR1 gene," he started, trying his best to remember his favourite pickup line, "You know you're gorgeous hair colour is a mutation, a very groovy mutation in fact-," he smiled, about to c...

Suddenly she turned on the barstool she was sitting on, giving him a quizzical look before cutting him off. "How unfortunate," she said, her voice unimpressed, "Only a simple HERC2 gene, common and boring. Come back when you're a little more interesting," she said, turning back away from him.

Charles was stunned. That line always worked, he couldn't understand what he'd said wrong. "Excuse me," He said, losing almost all of his confident charm he'd started with, "What was your comment on my eye colour again?" He asked. He knew that the HERC2 gene was what gave him blue eyes, he just hadn't understood the rest of her statement.

The woman turned back to him, taking a breath in, "You must be Charles Xavier," she said, holding out her hand to him. He shook it, but was left even more confused. He was tempted to read her mind, but he was worried that she might do the same thing. "I'm Theresa Caravelle, I'm ahead of you by one point in all of your classes," she said, watching him amble slightly. She scoffed, smelling the drink on him.

"You're T. Caravelle?!" Charles said, his eyes widening, "but that's impossible!" He said, waving a hand about aimlessly.

"Because I'm a woman? How archaic of you Charles," Theresa said, watching him with a disapproving stare.

"No, I just," Charles started to ramble, clearly not thinking straight, "I just didn't think you'd be-,"

"I'd be what?" She asked, wondering where this was going.

"Well you're quite headstrong, that's all," Charles said, at least trying to phrase it delicately, "like my friend Raven, but, well," he mumbled before finding his most urgent question, "what's wrong with my eyes?!" He asked.

Theresa giggled, surprising him that he had to sit down on the barstool next to her. "Blue eyes was the very first human genetic mutation, Charles Xavier, surely you should know that. I was merely refracting your 'groovy mutation' comment because you are so void of mutation. One could say completely normal," she smiled, like she was admiring him. Charles could have proved her wrong instantly, he knew that, but he also knew that that was the worst thing he could have done.

"So...," He started, trying to pick his heart up off the floor, "I can't buy you a drink?" He asked, smiling cheekily.

"Only if you stop using science to flirt with me," Theresa gave him a smile

"I might not be a charming as I usually am," Charles said, ordering them some more drinks, "science is usually the only thing that works."

"I look forward to it," she replied.