Merlin: Truth or Dare (Percival) (Part 3.)

Gwaine's POV;

"So, you two disappeared for a while last night," I whispered as I passed Eleanor as we rode. Eleanor didn't blush at all. It shocked me for a second, because she should have been awkward and embarrassed, but she just stared blankly in front of her.

"So?" She asked, making me frown.

"Wait, are you two okay?" I asked, tilting my head to get a good look at her, "I haven't seen you talk to each other since the game. Did you fight?" I asked quickly, getting worried about the couple.

"It's okay Gwaine," she mused, looking like she was drifting off.

I frowned more, looking back at where Percival was riding at the back of the group. "You're sure?" I asked.

"Yes Gwaine," she replied, the same voice as before. My eyes widened so I slowed down a little so that i was riding alongside Leon.

"Leon," I whispered, "I don't think that Percival and Eleanor are okay. Have you seen them talk to each other this morning?" I asked him.

He raised an eyebrow at me, "Gwaine, you're freaking me out," he said, "first you're jealous of them being together. Then they reveal that they're together officially, and now you're upset that they're not acting like a couple? You're insane," Leon sighed.

"Says the blonde who needs his hair played with when he has a nightmare," I muttered, watching Leon look up with eyes like whirlpools.

"What?" He asked. I didn't realise he'd heard me, and I felt my cheeks start to heat up. Leon didn't remember he had nightmares. All the battles he'd been in, it took a toll on him, but he didn't ever remember he had nightmares. And he certainly didn't know that the only way that Percival and I could calm him down was to play with his hair. Last night, of course the nightmares had come again, but Percival had disappeared and I was the only one around that knew what to do. Thankfully I'd gotten him calm before anyone else had woken up.

"Nothing," I tried to say, but he'd already seen my guilty look.

"Gwaine, what's going on?" He asked, his hand reaching up to his hair as if to see if i still had my hand in it.

"I'll tell you later Leon," I avoided his gaze, "When we're alone."

"Are you trying to ask me out?" He asked. Surprised was an understatement.

"No!" I snapped, "I'm worried about Percival and Eleanor. Go and ask her what's wrong, while I go and see how Percival's doing." I ordered. I watched him frown for a moment, before riding away to talk to Eleanor.

I rode back again, finally letting Percival catch up to me from the back. "How you doing Perce?" I asked, trying to be casual.

"No Gwaine." He said quickly.

"I just asked how you were doing?" I said, frowning.

"Whatever you want Gwaine, I'm not doing it." He said.

I shook my head, unable to stop myself chuckling. "I don't want anything Perce, I just noticed that Eleanor was a little distant this morning. Not her usual blushing self," I added, watching him. Percival, thankfully, did blush. Not like a light pink either, a full magenta red flushed over his face and he started to stutter as he rode beside me.

"Finally!" I grinned at him, "There's the Percival I know!"

"Gwaine," he sighed, avoiding my gaze, "I can't tell you, not yet."

"Are you two okay?" I asked, my voice softer than usual. He didn't say anything straight away, so I looked over him to study his body-language. That's when I focused on his right shoulder and gasped. There was no chainmail to cover the clearly fresh, deep-red, blotching hickey that had been left on his shoulder, presumably from last night. "Perce! You two actually did it!" I gasped, watching him turn to me sharply. He looked about to swing at me with his hand when he growled.