Chapter 25

Clara's POV

"I know loving you would take my everything , but when I look into your eyes , I know you're worthy the sacrifice. I love you."

I kept replaying the sentence as I could not keep my mind shut for a second. I felt as if I was dreaming , as if all that happened today was nothing but imagination.

I pinched myself driving slowly along the street to make sure this is just not a dream. I was afraid of waking up and realizing that all was a mere fucking dream.

But no! We were with Jack and he confessed his feelings for the umpteeth time thanking me again and again.

I slowly touched my lips the same sweet feeling permanently stuck there. It was like a promise kiss.

I smiled widely feeling warm tears of joy cover my face and for the first time I felt loved.

Loved by a stranger who happened to be my best friend's cousin.

I was comfortable with him and all I felt was peace the entire time. I felt lonely immediately I climbed my car and I just had to struggle not to cry as the closeness felt cut abruptly. I felt as if I would do anything to spend all the night maybe teasing and kissing with him.

Really ?

I don't deserve this love but I can't change anything, I'm soo in love with him. I parked my car sighing heavily as I left out and walked to my house. The door wasn't locked and I remembered that Moreen was around.

We had to talk.

It rung in my mind immediately. I hope the talk won't change my mood.

I went in her room and she was busy reading a book.

Oh! Is this how lonely she always gets? I felt guilty as I don't spare time to talk to her much. I'm always clingy to my two friends to an extent that I forget all about her.

"Hey, " I snapped her as she sat immediately looking at my direction.

"M.m.h you're back." She halfway asked and stated seeming not comfortable. Its weird since whenever I come back whether at night or during the day I always don't give a damn if she is around or not. I always go straight to bed and sleep.

"Yeah, and which book is that ?" I asked changing the subject so as not to look more awkward than it is already.

I moved to her bed and sat on the edge.

"It's Chinua Achebe's book, 'Things Fall Apart' " she said making me wonder how many books she has read so far. I don't even know anything about books honestly ,apart from reading romance stories on wattpad. Funny I guess.

You may even think that I'm not an African girl. But I am, infact a real Kenyan girl.

"Oh , it must be a sweet story, " I said lacking more better words.

"Yes, he is a Nigerian and his books are wonderful."

"When you are through you should give me I read too, I'm not used to African literature , but I wanna like it now."

"I will, " she is cool I guess.

"Remember I promised to come and have a talk ?" I asked politely changing the subject.