chapter 6

I opened the passenger door and jumped out happily ,I want the best out of this night. It's Saturday ,the best day to party in this campus. Everybody who love his or her life waits for this day and knows how to go about all event,especially here at campus. Student call it refreshing day ,a day to relax and enjoy life to the fullest.

Weekends are the best days and they  make student forget that they came to learn. Only when Monday morning reaches and you will see confused student running to do assignment and test ,then you will realize people came here to learn for the better future.

Better future, one thing that I have no hope having, sometime I feel as if I may die the next day,maybe tommorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Oh shit! I came here to have fun and here I am standing ,thinking about the day I will be buried to join my mom there in heaven or hell as preachers say.

It's hard for me to know whether I'm taking the wide or narrow path. For Christ's sake ,how will a person know the path one is following, and how will we know how narrow path looks like ? Please somebody make me understand that proverb or whatever thing it is.

For now ,whichever path I take it up to me. I don't wanna stress myself to death.

What if I die a spinster ? If all men hate me since I'm an overused material or divorce me when they get to know the real me.

Stop it Clara......this is a dark path,it is neither narrow nor wide.  I'm thinking shits today and I don't want to. One minute I'm  jumping like a little kid happily going for the party and the next I'm gloomily thinking about my life.

I swear I was not like this few days ago ,I don't know what making me overthink about issues. Maybe it's because my sister visited me and started these topics of me changing,I wonder what she want me to change and be like.

"Come on Lara ,let join the rest," my friend jolted me from the reverie I was lost in. She took my hand roughly and made me follow her to the front door.

"You will make me fall Sarah."I whined.

"Okay ,follow me then." She let me go releasing my hand as I followed her to the big room people were.

It was decorated everywhere with Jasmine's name on the walls. Red and blue ribbons hung in every corner. Flowers were placed everywhere maximising the beauty in the room.

There was loud music as people danced to Jason Derulo's song, swalalala. It's the latest song and people like it ,you would think it was the only song that has been released this year. I'm his fan don't get me wrong, only that I have not taken the appetizer ,that is the drink,I would be crazy more than these people here.

People were drunk already,I wonder what time the party started,it's only eight for crying out loud and people are drunk more than I expected. I was elbowing people making my way searching for the birthday girl when I heard somebody hug me from the back. I turned back and was surprised to see a smiling face hugging me.

It was Edwin.

"How is you baby, " I turned and slightly hugged him. As I said he is one of my friends and being my friend Jasmine invited him too.

"I'm fyn ,maybe you." I said as I let myself from him.

"Are you looking for Jasmine?"he slurred drunkenly staring at me.

"Yes ,where can I get her ?" Sarah had already left me ,I don't know which room she disappeared to.

"She is upstairs ,the second room to the left." He said pointing at where I guessed she would be. I thanked him and left.