chapter twenty six - "you were never gone"

ethan

I HEARD A SOFT KNOCK at my door for the millionth time that hour.

"c'mon ethan you've got to eat." i heard grayson's muffled voice from behind my bedroom door as he knocked on it louder.

i remained silent shaking my head as if he could see me. "i don't want to." i mumbled turning over in bed.

his light footsteps followed into the room, standing by the door.

"well you have to, you haven't eaten properly the past three days." he says sternly.

he walks in further into the room setting the plate of food on my bedside table.

"it stinks in here, what died?" grayson says disgusted.

"my heart and my soul." i say defeated.

sighing grayson walks over to where i laid sitting next to me. i felt the bed dip down as he sat.

there was silence between us, none of us saying anything until i spoke up.

"why?" i spoke after the short silence between us.

grayson didn't speak but just listened to me talk.

"am i not good enough to be loved?" i say my voice cracking.

"ive been cheated on twice grayson. not once, but twice." i let out a sob.

grayson places his hand on my back caressing it to soothe me.

"you are very much capable of being loved ethan. none of this is your fault." he says.

"sometimes things happen for a reason, nor do you know what happened because you haven't communicated with serina, you can't just assume things ethan."

"but i saw her kissing him-" i said.

"and? did you guys talk about how or why it happened?" he spoke making a point.

"communication is key in relationships and you know that, how can you fix anything with her if you don't eat and just lay in bed all day? hm?"

"how can you resolve things when you refuse to do anything. step up e, i know you can talk it out with her, because you don't know if she's hurting too." he finishes patting my back.

he leaves my room closing the door behind him, leaving me to think about what he just said.

serina

"go away." i say snuggled up in my covers watching my favourite movie for the 50th time.

emma enters my room with a sigh taking in my appearance and the aftermath of my room.

"you know this movie isn't gonna solve your problems." she puts her arms on her hips.

"yes it can when its him." i say pouting, pointing towards the main actor on screen.

emma sighs again turning the tv off. "come on." she says pulling the duvet covers off me.

"where are we going?" i cross my arms following her.