Chapter 17

I opened my eyes and ran to the two quickly. I jumped at my father as he was ready to attack Sesshomaru. I bit into his shoulder, and I could taste his blood. It made me feel ill, but I would not let him harm Sesshomaru. My father shoved me off of him and I stood in front of Sesshomaru who was down on the ground trying to get up.

I let out a growl as I glared at my father. My father stood there looking a bit shock that I had done that or that I was in this phase. I had no idea what I was doing, or how I even got into this form, but I just couldn't sit back and watch Sesshomaru get hurt.

My father gave me a warning growl, but I would not back down and let him hurt Sesshomaru anymore. I believe he understood that I wasn't and ran at me. I was shocked that he would attack me, but I quickly got over it. I ran at my father and met him half way. I slashed my claws at his face. I felt my claws slash his flesh and fur.

My father let out a roar of pain and stepped back shaking his head. I could see three slash marks on the right side of his face. My father gave me a glare before running at me again. He was faster than I had expected and was caught off guard. I fell to the ground causing trees to fall and dust to rise. I let out a yelp when I felt him latch onto my left arm. I tried to pull away or attack him, but I couldn't.

My father was soon knocked off of my by Sesshomaru who had gotten up. He ran at my father and attacked him. I tried to stand up, but my arm it hurt. I can't let him fight alone. I have to help. I shakily stood up and kept my left arm raised as I tried to make my way over to the two.

If Sesshomaru can fight without an arm, then I should be able to fight with a hurt one! I will not be a weakling no more! But before I could get over to them, my father all of a sudden ran away. Sesshomaru was about to go after him, but I latched onto his tail that was within my reach. He stopped and looked back at me. I shook my head at him not to follow after him.

Sesshomaru nodded and then changed back to his regular self. Okay now how do I do that? I closed my eyes and then opened them. I was still a dog. I closed my eyes again and thought about changing back. When I opened them I was back to normal in the middle of the battle field. I looked around and saw Sesshomaru on walking over to me. I could see blood seeping through his kimono. He was hurt.

"Sesshomaru! You're hurt!" I said and ran over to him ignoring that pain shooting up my left arm.

I stopped I was in front of him. I reached out to his right shoulder, but caught my wrist with his arm. I noticed that he had winced a bit.

"Your arm." he said and I glanced down at my left arm.

My eyes went wide when I saw the blood on it. I would had fainted if I hadn't took a deep breath, and exhaled to calm myself.

"It's nothing." I told him as he let go of my wrist.

I flinched when he had gently took a hold of my left arm. I examined it for a moment, before ripping a piece of his kimono. He wrapped it around my arm carefully not to hurt me.

"That was stupid of you to do that." he told me and I looked down at my feet, "But also brave. Thank you."

I looked up at him not expecting him to thank me.

"I-I couldn't let you fight him all alone like that." I told him, "We take care of our kind."

"Yes, we do." he said with a small smile as he looked down at me.

He then frowned and bent down a bit as if he was in pain. It was odd to see him like that, but that bite must have been bad.

"He poisoned me." Sesshomaru said through clenched teeth.