Chapter 26

Something cold and wet was on my forehead. I moved my hand causing my body to ache.

"Oh!" A voice spoke quietly.

That was Kisa's. I opened my eyes to see her looming over me. She smiled seeing that I was awake. She was alive and safe. Those men hadn't taken her. Good.

"You're awake! I'm so glad!" she spoke as I fought off sleep.

"Y-yeah." I said croakery, "W-Where are we?"

Before Kisa answered me she poured some water in my mouth. I drunk it.

"We are safe." Kisa said.

Safe, but where? What happened exactly? I thought back to it. Sesshomaru appearing, saving me...admitting he loved me. He loved me.

I sat up and let out a hiss as my body ached. I closed my eyes tightly. I had to see him.

"Uh! Kaori! You must not move! You are still weak!" Kisa gasped.

"I don't care. I have to see him." I said through gritted teeth.

"Lay down." Sesshomaru said as he stood in the entrance of the cave.

I looked at him as he walked furthur into the cave over to us. Kisa left, leaving just the two of us.

"You are an idiot." he muttered sitting down next to me.

"A-Am not." I stuttered a bit surprised that his first words to me were that.

"Lay down. You need rest." he said, and I obeyed him this time, "What were you thinking taking those men on without any weapons. You could have been killed."

"Sorry, but I had to save her from those men." I told him.

"You are a demon now. You should not worry about humans." he said.

I glared at him.

"She needed my help." I told him, "If my memories serves me right you helped a few humans. Even when I was a human. You took me in and helped me retrieve my youki."

"That is because we take care of own. The other reason is because you are to be my wife." he said.

I blushed and bit my bottom lip. Sesshomaru closed his eyes.

"Do not do that. It makes it hard for me to control myself when you look like that." he said and I let go of my lip.

"S-sorry." I mumbled, "A-About what you said yesterday. Did you mean it?"

Sesshomaru opened his eyes and looked at me. He placed his hand on my cheek.

"Of course. Since I laid my eyes on you when you were born, I have cared for you." he said, "Seeing you again and getting to know you more, my feelings have grew even more for you."

I blushed again as his hand moved my lips. He traced them, before moving his hand down to my chin. I just laid there as he traced my face. It felt nice actually. When he was done he laid his hand in his lap.

"What you said, did you mean it?" he asked and I nodded my head, "Say it again."

I looked at him as my heart beat quicken.

"I-I lov-" I began, but stopped when I heard Rin scream for Sesshomaru.

Sesshomaru stood up and ran out of the cave. I could hear horses and men out there. I pushed myself up and saw my sword along with my backpack laying close by. I grabbed my sword and used that to help me stand up. I limped out of the cave to see us surrounded by men with swords, bows and arrows.

In the middle of them was a guy wearing a heavy suit of armor that screamed 'I'm in charge of them!'

"Demons! Let the princess go and your lives will be spared." the guy shouted.