Chapter 28

It didn't take long for Father to come back with a pig. He had already killed the creature and cleaned it up for roasting. When Rin saw the dead animal she smiled widely as her stomach growled with hunger.

My stomach growled also, but I did not smile like she had. I was glad that he had gotten food though. However a part of me was wondering if it wasn't poisoned with something. Like a knock out medicine or something deadly.

It made me worry a bit about Rin. If it was poisoned with something deadly then one bite and she's dead. I could probably tolerate for a bit due to me being a demon, but not her.

"I'll just cut it up and..." Father began, but I cut him off.

"Let me cut it up, Father. You've already done enough for us." I told him and he nodded his head.

I took the knife that he held out for me to use. With the small blade in my hand I began to cut thick strips of the pig, while Rin search for sticks to roast them on. My father had a smile on his face as he watched the two of us. He seemed to be miles away in his mind.

~Third Person P.O.V~ Sesshomaru~

The morning that Sesshomaru had left with A-Un he had never imagined how much trouble would happen in his absence or that he wouls be returning back so quickly when he caught the scent of blood in the air.

He would had ignored the scent and continued on his solo mission of searching for Naraku's heart, or a stronger weapon that would help him in his misson, however this wasn't the case. The blood belonged to his future wife. It was everywhere, so he couldn't pin-point it out.

"What has she gotten into now?" Sesshomaru muttered as he rode A-Un over the forest searching for the girl he loved.

Hours went by and he found nothing, except for two demons that had been killed and a trail of blood leading to a river. He stood at the edge of the river and bent down at the small puddle of blood. I reached out and touched it. Raising two fingers to his nose, he sniffed it.

Sesshomaru gritted his teeth together in anger as it was confirmed that this was the end of Kaori's trail.

"She better not be dead." he growled as he looked down the river for hee body that could had been caught by a rock.

He did not see a body anywhere and began to travel down the river with A-Un. As Sesshomaru searched for Kaori, he sensed two of his half-brother companions.

"Sesshomaru!" the demon slayer shouted.

Sesshomaru ignored her and kept searching.

"Kaori and Rin have been captured!" Sango shouted this time Sesshomaru did not ignore her.

He turned to the two with a cold look in his eyes.

"They were taken by Kaori's father. Jaken knows the way, he is leading Inuyasha there as we speak. If we hurry, we'll catch up with them." Miroku spoke.

"I do not need your help. I will find her on my own." Sesshomaru said and continued on his way.

Now that he knew she was with her father, along with Rin, then it would be easier to find the two. Sesshomarubran through the forest searching Kaashikoi's scent. He pikes it up a mile away and followed it. He stopped when he heard laughter near by. It belonged to both Kaori and Rin.

He followed the sound until he came across there small camp. Sesshomaru glared at the older demon as he pulled out his sword.

"I have come for both Kaori and Rin." Sesshomaru spoke in a demanding tone as the two females shouted out his name in excitement and glad to see him there.