Chapter 30

Everyone was silent after Sesshomaru's mother had learned about the death of my mother. It seemed that she cared for my mother. But after a moment she was back to her self.

"So what is it that needs to be discuss. I highly doubt you'd come here just to tell me about the passing of your wife, Kashikoi." she said.

"Show some damn emotions once! She was your friend!" my father said angrily standing up and banged his fist on the table.

I flinched at the sudden action and leaned closer to Sesshomaru.

"I did care for Tomoko, yes, but I can grieve another time. There is something more important." she said.

My father let out a sigh and sat down.

"It is the panthers. They seemed to be trying to rise up again and cause another war." Father said, "I was captured by some not far from here."

"Isn't that surprising." she muttered sarcastically.

My father glared at her.

"Let me finish for once, Inu Kimi!" Father growled.

Inu Kimi? That was her name? (An: Not really, but that is what most fans have nicknamed her. Well that is what it said on wiki.)

"Fine, continue." she said.

"As I was saying they had captured me, and tried to get information from me." Father said.

"What information?" Inu Kimi asked him.

"Where Taisho's grave was. Who had taken over his place, and anything that could be useful." Father said.

"I see. This can not happen." she said and looked at Sesshomaru, "What do you think we should do, Sesshomaru? After all you are your father's successor."

I looked at Sesshomaru. He was! Well I should had known. He was the first born and a full blooded demon. Not to mention Jaken, Rin and Kohaku called him Lord. I'm such an idiot.

"Do as you please, Mother." Sesshomaru told her.

"And that is why I am asking you." she said, "You must continue on in the path of your father. You are 500 years old and yet you act like a spoiled child." Inu Kimi said and raised her hand to her forehead, "I blame myself for that. I should had hired better help."

"Send some scouts out. If they report any activity of an uprising, have them taken out." Sesshomaru said.

"And you believe this is a good plan?" she asked.

"If you do not like it, then do not ask me." he said.

"Sesshomaru, if you would like. I can over look the scouts." Father said and Sesshomaru nodded his head.

"Now that is settle how about a feast? Not only for Sesshomaru and his tenseiga, but for Kaori returning. Now maybe I will be able to have cute grandchildren to rub in some of those womens faces." Inu Kimi said and I blushed at the grandchildren thing.

That won't be happening for a while now.

"Ah, speaking of grandchildren. When will the wedding be?" she asked.

"Once Naraku is defeated." Sesshomaru said.

"What? No, it must be soon! A week from now? Yes?" she said, "I can have it all set up!"

"S-So soon!? I mean we still have Naraku to defeat." I told her as my cheeks turned red.

"It is understandable to be nervous for your wedding, but don't worry. It will be wonderful!" she said.

"Mother, we will not wed until after Naraku is defeated." Sesshomaru said.

"I will not allow it! You will be married in the morning!" she said and I felt faint.