Chapter 21

"How long till we go back to camp?" I sighed as I walked behind Sesshomaru as we searched for Naraku.

At the moment it was just the two of us. Jaken and Rin had to stay behind with A-Un at the camp we had set up. While Sesshomaru, and I scouted the area.

Sesshomaru let out a sigh and stopped walking. I hadn't noticed and bumped into him. I let out a small growl as I took a step back rubbing my nose that had hit his armor.

"If you speak much louder, you will give off our position." Sesshomaru told me in a whisper.

"Right, sorry." I whispered back.

After twenty minutes of walking around I heard some men laughing and a woman screaming. I ran off to the sound ignoring Sesshomaru shout for me to stop. I ran into a small clearing to find six bandits with their swords drawn standing infront of a woman who was in front of two children. A girl around fourteen and a boy no older than six.

"Please they're just children! Don't kill them!" the woman begged as they hadn't noticed me yet.

"Hmp, what will we get out of it in return?" one of them asked.

"I got an idea." Another said with a dark look in his eyes as he looked at both females.

I took that as my cue to intervine in this. I placed my hand on the hilt if my sword.

"Excuse me." I said loudly catching everyones attention, "I can tell you what you will get out of letting those children live."

"And what's that?" the biggest guy of that group asked.

He must be the leader. I'll have to take him out first. After that the others should be easy.

"How about a night with her!?"

"Yeah, she's cute!"

I gritted my teeth and my grip on my sword tightly. Didn't they see my demon markings or ears? Well my ears are hidden by the ribbons. I am guessing they think my markings are tattoos, or they're just a bunch of idiots. Either way, I'm kikling them! Men like that should not live!

I was about to attack them when Sesshomaru shoved his hand into the man who had spoke out wanting to have a night with me, chest. Sesshomaru removed his hand as the woman and children screamed.

"You will do no such thing with her." he said in a calm and deadly voice that made ne shiver.

"A demon!" one gasped.

"One arm! I heard if him! You are Sesshomaru, the dog demon." Another said shaking slightly, "He's pure evil, I heard. He strikes down others for just looking at him!"

"Hey! I was wanting to kill that one!" I shouted at Sesshomaru.

"Ah! That stupid girl has a death wish!" the man who had spoke about Sesshomaru said.

He soon dropped to the ground dead with a rock sticking halfway through his forehead.

"Everyone for themselves!" the four living men shouted and ran around.

One of the men hid behind the woman and children.

"Coward." I muttered and walked over to him, "You think hiding behind them will keep you safe? You are wrong."

I grabbed the man and tossed him away from them as Sesshomaru dealt with the other three.

"Show off." I grumbled as I quickly broke the man's neck.

"Ah!" the young boy cried out and I quickly turned to see Sesshomaru standing in front of them.

"Sesshomaru! No!" I screamed out, but frowned when I noticed the young boy had been hurt from a rouge knife that must had been thrown by one of the bandits.