Chapter 32

I rest my head on Peeta's shoulder during the flight. Plutarch and Paylor sit opposite going through reports etc. Lyndon sits to my left dozing with the rest of his team sat around in different stages of relaxation. Some snoring, others just sitting, staring at the ceiling. I don't know how long we've been airborne but it seems like a long time. I notice the drop ship's engines whine down slightly and can sense the ship descending. Peeta takes my hand and we turn to each other and kiss. I'm so happy at being Peeta's wife I'm almost catatonic with joy. I quite simply can't get enough of him. I hope Plutarch's promise of a honeymoon isn't a disappointment.

He explained that a honeymoon was a vacation for newlywed couples. Its a private break with no friends or family around and its something that still happens in the Capitol but the custom has been largely lost in the districts. If its as good as Plutarch says, I can't wait.

The drop ship touches down with a thump and the ramp lowers down to the ground. Lyndon's squad run out first, probably securing the area around the drop ship. Plutarch gets up from his seat and motions for us to go out. Peeta takes my hand and we walk down the ramp to be engulfed in hot sunshine. I look around to see us in a clearing surrounded by Palm trees. Paylor comes to our side.

"Follow me, I'll show you your home for the next week"

She walks on through the palm trees and Peeta looks at me as we can hear the sound of waves crashing onto a beach.

We walk out from the trees to be confronted by a breathtaking view. I look to my right to see white sandy beaches reaching out to a crystal blue sea. To my left sits a wooden cabin with a wooden dock extending out across the water. Paylor leads us toward the house. Peeta looks to me and smiles, I can see he's getting excited.

We follow a path that's covered with crushed sea shells back through the palms to the front door of the house. A wooden porch extends out from the building. Paylor inserts a key and pushes the door open. We both gasp at what we see. Inside is a large room completely made of polished wood, a door extends off to the right and inside is a bathroom with a huge round bath tub in the centre. I haven't seen one of these since we were in the Capitol. Across from the bathroom is a simple kitchen and off of that a lounge with a love seat, a comfy sofa with a large white fluffy rug in the centre. All around the room there are shelves with models of old ships and sea shells from all sorts of different creatures of the deep.

Paylor holds open the next door for us and we walk in amazed at what we see. Again, it's another room made entirely of polished wood with a large bed set against the wall looking out through a set of huge glass doors. The doors lead out onto the wooden dock extending out across the water. A huge rug, matching the one in the lounge extends from the end of the bed to the glass doors.

I look at Plutarch "why?"

Because we think you deserve it, because it's your wedding. And because Paylor wanted to"

I turn and look at her.

"This is my place Katniss, my presidential retreat if you like. And it's all yours for the week"

Once again she's surprised me. I just can't get my head around her. Yesterday when we spoke she was cold, almost robotic. And today she's genuine and caring. Who is Paylor? I ask myself. She really is like two different people.

"Thank you" is all I can think to say. We all walk back out onto the beach and Paylor and Lyme say their goodbyes and make their way back to the drop ship. Plutarch stops behind to talk to us.

"When we come back to pick you up I'll talk about what my plans are for you. I've kept you away from the war for a while but I'll bring you up to speed when I come back. In the mean time enjoy yourselves" he shakes Peeta's hand, gives me a hug and a kiss on the cheek and then walks away.