Last Time Pt. 1

Aunt Mae POV -

I took the kids to the house, they took no time to shower and change their clothes. I guess either because they were really anxious to see their mom or they were just really ready to get the hell out of this house. Hell, I don't blame em. This place was still a mess. There was still couches flipped over, broken glass, and blood stains everywhere. Who knew my brother could be capable of causing this much damage? Just being here gave me bad vibes.

Aunt Mae: Yo!!! Kids, can y'all hurry up!!? You know... Don't rush.. But... Move just a little quicker? ... This place creeps me the fuck out. Like a evil spirit resides here or something.

I said more to myself than to them.

Just then both Jordyn and De came down the stairs in their new set of clothes with a small over night bag for them to stay at the hotel with me tonight. De looked as if he'd been crying again and Jordyn was just as emotionless as ever. I can't imagine how hard this is for them.

We got to the county hospital where they were holding my sister-in-law about 30 minutes later and checked in at the front desk. The secretary told us what room she was in and we wasted no time taking the elevator up. We were moving too fast for our our good; as soon as we got to the door that had Linda's room number on it, neither one of us had the courage to turn the knob and open it to see what was on the other side. I was here earlier but they wouldn't let me see her, but now I'm not sure if I want to anymore.

I saw the door open in front of me, snapping me out of my thoughts, I saw Jordyn take the lead to open the door and be the first inside the room. While Jordyn was already inside De and I stood outside, scared to walk any further.

"Are you entering?" A male voice said in a slow, quiet tone.

I looked over to the doctor standing beside us and couldn't say a word. I just shook my head.

Doctor: You don't wanna get your final goodbyes?

I was still scared to walk into the room and see her lying there lifeless. I was nervous that I was gonna see her children broken into pieces crying over her corpse. I was scared that I was gonna have to be the one to put those broken pieces back together again, just so I could look at them, and they could look themselves in the mirror, knowing that they'll never be whole.

  I snapped out of my thoughts and noticed De and the doctor already inside the room, sharing their last moments with her. I took a deep breath, held it, and slowly walked inside the room. We all sat there in silence for about a good 20 minutes, all you heard was light sniffles from crying and the machines that were hooked up to her body.

Doctor: ok... I'm sorry, but... Its time. I can't allow the machines to work any longer.

The doctor looked to me and I nodded my head. That's all I could do. I couldn't look at the kids and I couldn't even look at the doctor. I just stared at the cold, lifeless face of my sister-in-law. Dropping one final tear.

*****************************************

Damn, is this sad enough for you or what?

comments!!!! Please. I love your feedback!