Suspect

Jordyn POV -

Its homecoming, right? I'm supposed to be happy, right? So why the hell does Chris keep leaving me to go talk to other niggas? Literally. Like every 10 minutes he sees someone new and tells me to wait by the juice bar until he comes back to me. Once again, for the eleventh time tonight, Chris gave the guy a handshake as they casually finished their conversation.

Keeis: What you looking at ma'?

Keeis came over interrupting my thoughts.

Keeis: Oh...

He said in response to me eyeing Chris.

Keeis: Yeah he been putting in a lot of work lately. Boy shoulda start doing this a long time ago. He's good at it.

Jordyn: Doing what?

I feel like I already knew the answer but I just needed to hear it from somebody else before I made any assumptions. Before every conversation that was started Chris would put his hands in his pockets and keep them there up until the point where it was time that he and the person he was talking to shook hands. After they shook hands, both of them would put their hands back in their pockets. Chris would leave his until he walked back over to me, but the other guys would take theirs out immediately. Chris never goes on his pocket for anything because everything he carry's he always puts it in my purse. He never puts his hands in his pockets just to have them there like a regular person either.

Keeis: Awh, you ain't know? Its a family business. Young nigga move that dope.

Jordyn: Since when?

Keeis: Since... 'Bout a week ago. Shit, he was suspended when he got in with us.

Jordyn: Us?

Keeis: I can't tell you all the details. But look, if you ever looking for something ...

He put his index finger to his face and flicked the side of his nose.

Keeis: Or something else...

He said in a deeper voice and getting closer to me as he licked his lips.

Keeis: You know... Hit me up. You look good in that dress. But I can guarantee that you'll look even better laying in my bed naked.

He bit his bottom lip, looking like he wanted to make a move. I rolled my eyes and turned away from him trying to walk away but he grabbed my left wrist and pulled me back towards him.

Keeis: Didn't your mom ever tell you it's rude to walk away from somebody when they're talking to you?

His grip was getting tighter as he spoke and his breath reeked of alcohol and marijuana.

"Aye!"

At the sound of his voice Keeis let go of my wrist. Thank God. Chris.

Chris: What's up, Keeis? I been looking for you all night.

He said grabbing me by the waist and pulling me closer to him. He seemed suspicious but I'm not sure if he even noticed anything happening between Keeis and I.

Keeis: Yeah, me too. What's the word?

Chris: I only got half. Tonight ain't a good night for us.

Keeis: iight. Just lock it down for the night. We'll be back on it Monday.

Chris: iight.

They gave each other a five and Keeis walked away. He gave me look like he was saying "This isn't over" or "I'm not done with you yet". Lowkey I was kinda spooked.

Chris: You ok? You look shook.

Jordyn: Yeah. Just don't leave me again, ok? I hate looking lonely at dances. Everybody thinks you left me for someone else.

He smiled.

Chris: Jordyn, you know I'm never leaving you.

My chest was on fire after that. I don't know what this feeling was but it hurt. I hate when people tell me that. They'll never leave. They always do. I refuse to cry tonight. But something in me couldn't help but to believe Chris when he said it. He seemed so confident and sincere.

Jordyn: Let's dance.

I said pulling him to the dance floor trying to rid my mind of any past thoughts. Tonight is gonna be a good night. Regardless of any inconveniences.