Day 5: Questions

Jordyn POV -

Omari: Hi.

I looked up at Omari from my locker and he had a huge grin on his face.

Jordyn: Hi there.

I said nonchalantly, not wanting to be bothered today.

Omari: So I'm a singer... I sing... That's what I do...

Jordyn: Uhm ...

I looked at him confused.

Jordyn: Ok. Is that a pickup line?

Omari: Why did it work?

I shook my head.

Jordyn: No... That was horrible. That may work with other girls but not with me.

Omari: So you're different, huh?

Jordyn: No. I'm just not basic.

He smiled.

Omari: My group is having practice today after school in the auditorium. Not the one with your bother but, my other one. I have two groups.

He said grinning proudly.

Omari: You should come check us out.

Jordyn: Should I?

Omari: Yeah. We're pretty good.

Jordyn: Hm.

I noised with a attitude, irritated that he wouldn't leave me alone.

Omari: Why you playing hard to get?

Jordyn: Omari, I'm way too old to be playing reindeer games with you.

Omari: Well give me a break then. Let me in.

Jordyn: I don't know you.

Omari: That's why I'm asking you to come to my practice after school. I wanna get to know you. You know, share common interests?

Jordyn: If I go will you leave me alone for the day?

Omari: Yeah.

Jordyn: Fine.

I said closing my locker & walking away from him.

The day was going by extremely slow and just like yesterday and every other day this week, all I wanted to do was run home to Chris. He hasn't even texted me all day today. Not even good morning. He's obviously still upset with me. I'm the one that should be mad. He isn't giving me any detail on why his mom hates me now or what the dude said about me to get punched.

Whatever though. All I gotta do is go to Omari's practice and then I was home free. I haven't really been talking to Chris this past week, and I know I've been dying to. But today I'm just gonna let my shade down and ignore any tapping at my window.

I walk into the auditorium and see Omari and the rest of his group on stage doing sound checks. He sees me and nods his head, saying hello and putting up his one finger, I guess telling me that the show will start soon or that he'll be down to talk to me in a minute. Either way, I was dreading this performance. Like what if he can't even sing? I hadn't even heard him sing with De or Durex before. And it'll be rude to just up and walk away. I have no escape route.

Some music started and snapped me out of my thoughts, with Omari on the front mic.

Omari: I'm just tryna know you better. Tell me what's your name, tell me what's your sign?
Tell me what you into, tell me what you like.
If you were rich tomorrow tell me what would you do with it?
And if you could see the future, baby do you see me in it?
Would you date me for a minute, girl before you let me hit it?
Are you single? are you taken? Working towards your education?
I'm just askin', I'm just sayin, what's your current situation?
Cause I see you 'cross the room and you the baddest in the building, what's up?
See I don't wanna get into your draws yet.

Yet? The fuck is he on?

Omari: Are you one of them girls that's askin' where the bread's at?
See first I need to know the way your head at
Before you give me some.

What?

Omari: Heh, I'm playin'

He sang in a playful tone. He better be. I don't do stuff like that. Hell I don't even think I know how to give head.

Omari: I'm just tryin' to know you, better.
If I told you my secret, shawty would you keep it?
Are you the type to kiss me right after I eat it, yeah?
I'm just tryin' to know you better.

Eat it? Eat what?

Omari: Tell me where you goin, tell me where you from.
Are you a smoker or a drinker? Are you none of the above?
Are you more domesticated? Do you love to hit the club?
Tell me do you like to fuck, or do you just like making love?
Tell me do you have some kids? And if so girl, how many?
And if not, then shawty tell me, can I be your baby daddy?
I'm just playin less you let me, I won't know unless you tell me
I just gotta ask cause girl you super bad
What's up?

Is this supposed to be sexy? Like... Is it supposed to turn me on or make me want him? Cuz its not working. I've always imagined that when I got a guy to sing to me it would be romantic and about love. This is just... Lusty, nasty music. I really need to leave now.