Who Are You?

Jordyn POV -

I followed Chris into his house and up into his room. Once we got there he sat in his bed, and I set in the chair at his desk by the window, where I could easily see into my room next door. I turned around to ask him about his "view" but stopped myself from speaking when I saw he was writing in a note book.

Chris: so what's your story?

He asked without looking up at me.

Jordyn: What do you mean?

Chris: Like... Who are you? Where did you live before you moved here? I've been knowing you for about 2 years now and don't even know your last name.

I laughed at how sad that fact was. Now he was looking at me. I could tell I had his undivided attention. 

Jordyn: Ok. How bout we play 20 questions?

Chris: iight. Me first. What's your full name?

Jordyn: Jordyn Lea - Marie Taylor. What's your favorite color?

Chris: Red.. Yours?

Jordyn: Purple.. Favorite sport?

Chris: Basketball. You?

Jordyn: Football.

Chris: What?!

  He asked me surprised

Jordyn: What?

Chris: You don't strike me as a football girl.

Jordyn: I used to love watching it with my dad. I'd wake up early and beg my mom to stay up late with him just so we could watch it together.

Chris POV -

Her smile quickly turned into a frown and it looked as if she was about to cry.

Chris: Jordyn.... Why did you move here?

   I remember De told me it was a story for another day and I knew she didn't wanna tell me but I just  had to know.

Jordyn: My parents died...

She said in a low voice

Jordyn: Well my mom died... My dad's heart is still beating, but he's dead to me.

Chris: What happened?

   She was quiet for a while. I guess debating in her head whether she wanted to tell me or not.

Jordyn: My dad... He murdered my mom...

Damn. I was not expecting that at all.

Jordyn: He was an alcoholic... He would beat my mom... Him and De would always fight... All I ever did was run away... But the night she died I tried. I fought as hard as I could but he...

She shook her head like she was unconsciously trying to erase the memories.

Jordyn: I used to be the biggest daddy's girl... That night my mom died he came home drunk and tried to rape her. She resisted so he came to me -

Chris: He didn't...

Cutting her off, sightly disturbed by this conversation.

Jordyn: He almost. My mom came in and stopped it but he still had me pinned down on the bed. He made me watch as he raped her..l

     She said resisting tears.

Jordyn: I layed beside her watching her die. Watching her lose consciousness... I'll never forget that night. The look in her eyes...

Jordyn finished telling me the story of what happened to her and De and now I can clearly see why she is the way she is now. I remember watching my mom get abused by my dad and I know how that feels but I could never imagine seeing her take her last breath right in front of me.

We spent another hour talking to each other about every and anything, before my mom called us down for dinner. I was happy because I was starving but upset because I wanted more private time with her. I wanna know everything about her. Knocking me out of my thoughts, my mom came in my room, without knocking.

Mama J: Did you hear what I said? Dinners' ready. I told you that 10 minutes ago

Chris: Mom, did you hear what I said? Knock before entering. I told you that 3 years ago.

She rolled her eyes and ignored me.

Mama J: Jordyn are you staying for dinner?

Chris: Yeah, she is.

She fixed her mouth to speak but I answered for her. She was probably gonna say no but I had to have some more time with her.

My mom smiled and walked out of the room without closing the door. I sighed, got off my bed &slammed the door behind her.

"Boy you better stop slamming doors in my damn house!!!"

I heard my mom yell, and Jordyn laugh.

Chris: Man chill out.

Jordyn: Who told you I was staying for dinner?

Chris: You don't want to?

Jordyn: I mean, I guess I have no other option now.

I smiled to myself and opened the door for her waiting for her to leave out so I could follow her downstairs.