Twenty ninth part

"You did it babe!" Archie said afterwards. We were on our way to Subway to eat some late lunch. Graduation was over and I was super happy to be done with school.
"I'm so proud of you" my mom said.
"I am proud of me too. These last few months has been the hardest of school since being in school and pregnant isn't easy at all"
"Well you were amazing" Archie said kissing my forehead.
"Veronica, I have a question to you" my dad said.
"Sure, as away"
"After the baby is born and you're ready, do you wanna come and work at 'Lodge Industries'?"
"Are you serious?!"
"Of course I am. It's a family business so I want you there"
"Of course I'll come work with you"
"You will start out as my assistant and then you can work up to the top"
"What about Jacob?" I asked turning around to face him.
"Jacob is getting a promotion. He will be the company's buyer. He will help me to get the best deals and stuff like that"
"Wait, Jacob, you knew about this and you didn't tell us?" Arizona asked.
"Yeah, I sorta wanted to surprise you guys"
"Sorry Jacob for ruining the surprise" my dad said.
"It's fine, I was gonna tell them at lunch anyway" we kept walking and soon we reached a Subway. We sat down and ordered. When we were done eating it was time for everyone to leave. My mom and dad were going back to dads and Arizona and Jacob were going back to their apartment. Everything was all done for the move.
"Are you ready to go to your new home?"
"Yes I am" we walked back to Archie's car. I got in and he started driving home.
"Can you believe that in a week we are having a baby?" Archie asked me.
"No, it's insane. This whole time I've been so scared that something will happen and I've been so prepared for something to happen. But now I finally feel like I can relax"
"Ronnie, you can be calm. In a few days we'll have a baby"
"I'm so happy that we decided to not find out the gender"
"Me too, the birth will be more of a surprise now" we soon got to the house and I walked inside while Archie carried in the last bag from my old apartment. The first thing I did was walk into the baby's room. I hadn't seen it all done since they had finished it the day before.
"God Archie, it looks great. I love the colors" the walls were grey and the furniture were navy, black, grey, white and some different tones of yellow.
"It's beautiful, isn't it?" Archie said standing behind me while putting his hands around my stomach.
"It's been a stressful day, I think I'm gonna lay down and rest" Archie nodded at me. I walked to our bedroom and crashed on the bed. Next to our bed stood the little crib the baby would be sleeping in for the first few months. I fell asleep immediately.

I woke up a few hours later. I didn't really now what time it was. I checked my phone and saw that it was 5pm. I had also gotten a text from Archie telling me that he had gone to the grocery store. I felt this weird pain in my back. I wished really much that I wasn't going into labor, cause Archie wasn't home. I didn't wanna call him or text him cause I didn't wanna stress him. So I just sat down on the bed and started timing my it to see if I was going into labor. I only had like one every tenth minute that was going on for a minute, so I was okay for the moment. I sat on the bed until Archie came home. Then I carefully walked out to the kitchen.
"Hey Ronnie" Archie said walking over and kissing me "what's wrong?"
"I think I'm in labor"
"What?!"
"Yeah, I timed it and it was just once every ten minutes but now it's twice every ten minutes"
"Do we have to go to the hospital now?"
"No, I called our doctor and she said we should wait until I'm up to three every ten minutes"
"But we're having a baby today?"
"I guess we are"
"That's so exciting, and terrifying" I almost fell from the pain that I was feeling. Archie caught me and helped me sit down.
"Are you sure we shouldn't leave?"
"If we leave now we'll just get send home"
"But you're in so much pain"
"I'll be fine"
"I don't care. Grab your bags, we're leaving for the hospital. Traffic is crazy, if we don't go now we won't get there in time"
"Fine" I said grabbing my bags. Archie helped me out to the car and I sat down. He started driving to the hospital and he was right, traffic was crazy and now I didn't know if we would make it in time. I was now having contractions three times every ten minutes.