06 | fire

Jisoo thought she would lose her hearing before she even got a chance to speak to her target again. She wasn't sure how much time had elapsed, the performances had passed in a blur. She could remember bits and pieces of different acts and definitely the ear piercing fan chants from the crowd, but her mind was elsewhere.

Despite being buried in her thoughts, Jisoo noticed her partner's occasional side glances, the redhead worried from seeing the top class agent so distant. Rosé, being the last agent to enter their sector, deeply admired Jisoo's usual elegant demeanor and looked up to the female ever since she was a new trainee. From previous missions, she knew Jisoo— how well she focused on her task, how well she killed. But this time, it was different.

Wanting to convince her partner that she was perfectly fine, Jisoo nodded her head to the beat of the current performance. The crowd's screams tenfolded in volume as soon as one of the boy group members on stage shook off his jacket, revealing a chiseled bicep, though the agent didn't care.

Her attention was fixed on her water bottle, mind somewhere in space. However, it only took the MC to announce the next performance as Bangtan Sonyeondan for the frazzled brunette to return to reality. Jisoo's sudden focus was not unnoticed by her partner, however, as Rosé shared a knowing smirk with the female who responded with a playful glare.

"It's my mission, I'm getting paid to pay attention," Jisoo yelled over the noise of the crowd.

"Sure, and what about the other performances? Not your taste?" the latter teased, poking at Jisoo's nerves.

"If you guys weren't part of the agency, you and Bobby would be on my personal hit list."

"It would be an honor to be killed by you," Rosé revealed, making both agents lose their serious demeanor.

Admist their laughter, the lights suddenly dimmed as a melodic whistle filled the stadium. Fans immediately started screaming, making Jisoo wince at the sharp sound. Suddenly, the stage lifted to reveal seven boys all in formation before they started dancing in perfect sync.

Quickly scanning all seven bodies on the stage, Jisoo immediately recognized Taehyung admist them. A red tie which swayed with his every move contrasted against a blue tracksuit. Whilst he was previously adorning a classic black suit and tie when the female had met him, presumably for the red carpet event, he was now in more casual clothes.

Even though his time to prepare for the performance was significantly shortened due to Jisoo's fainting facade, she couldn't deny that he looked amazing under the glow of the stage lights. The whole venue shook with the volume of fanchants. Having never experienced a concert before, much less this close to the stage, the female was captivated.

When Taehyung's unexpected voice filled the stadium, Jisoo's mouth gaped at the sheer melodic huskiness. Unbeknownst to the brunette, Rosé caught on to her interest, casting a smirk at her from the side.

Though Jisoo was mesmerized by the idols' stage presence, her target had yet to notice her. He himself was lost in his performance, dedicating every piece of his consciousness to the stage. The female, while previously deafened by the cheers of the audience, now failed to acknowledge the ear-piercing shrieks in favor of the band's vocals.

As the song ended with the members standing in a line with their backs turned away from the camera, the lights began to flash rapidly, transitioning into another performance.

Finally, Taehyung looked into the audience closest to the stage, catching Jisoo's gaze and offering her a reassured smile. However, as the agent focused on her target, a sudden flame filled her vision, making her yelp and jump in shock. Taehyung let out a visible chuckle at Jisoo, who was frightened by the added pyrotechnics of their performance.

Once Jisoo's heart calmed down from its constant pounding, she glared at the idol's smirk, taking a sip of her water to compose herself and attempt to appear unaffected.

"Looks like someone didn't pay attention to the set list," Rosé remarked from her side, suppressing her laughter, as she slid the concert's pamphlet towards her partner.

Jisoo set down her water bottle, eyes scanning the colored paper and landing on "BTS" after a second of searching.

25. DNA - BTS
26. Fire - BTS

The female let out an audible groan, sinking into the seat as the performance continued. She was an agent. She was an assassin. She was visibly scared from the fire. Her target, the one who she was supposed to kill, saw. He laughed.

There was a common theme of embarrassment throughout her day's mission and Jisoo despised it.

'It's okay,' she reminded herself, letting out a breath, 'everything will be over soon.'