13: Memory 3, Dancing

WARNING: this chapter has not been edited yet

"Careful, (y/n)!" You heard your mother call as you sat on the garden fence.

You smiled at her, nodding. You placed your hands on the fence, positioned your feet, and stood up. You wobbled for a few seconds before gaining your balance. Your whole face lit up as you stood on the fence.

"Momma! Momma! Look!" You yelled, waving at your mother.

"That's amazing dear. Now why don't you come down." Your mother said, walking over to you.

"Ok!" You smiled.

As you leaned down to grab the fence, your right foot slipped on a wet spot, causing you to start falling. You shrieked, your eyes widened.

Before you could hit the ground, you felt a pair of arms catch you. You looked up and saw your mother smiling down at you.

"I told you to be careful." She said.

You quickly wrapped your arms around her and buried your face into her shoulder. Your mother gently started to stroke your hair while swaying back and forth, humming a tune you didn't recognize. It soothed you and you closed your eyes.

"Momma? Can you please play the piano?" You asked.

"Of course." Your mother smiled.

She started to walk inside with you still in her arms.

"Your so small..." you heard her mumble.

When you got to the piano, your mother sat down and kept you in her lap.

You smiled as you listened to your mother play the piano. You wanted this to last forever. Unfortunately, you didn't have forever. No one does. You just haven't learned that yet. But you will soon. Very soon.