33: Memory 7, Ready, Set, Speak

WARNING: this chapter has not been edited yet

You walked into the studio, looking around. It was... rustic to say the least. But, it did have a nice, optimistic vibe to it. It didn't help the fact that you were tearing up from stress. You were terrified. Sure, your mom has probably said nothing but good about you, but now you have expectations you need to live up to. You weren't sure if you could do this.

"Hey, (y/n)," a slightly high pitched voice said from behind you.

You spun around, body tensing. There in front of you was none other than Oliver, a bright smile on his face and a bit of powdered sugar on his cloths. You relaxed a little. It was just Oliver.

"Do you work here or something?" Oliver asked.

"I'm... just starting. My mom put in a good word for me," you said.

"So you're going to be a new voice actor?"

"Yeah."

"So that means you're playing Alice, right?"

"No. Mom said I would be voicing a new character."

"That's so cool! I wish I could voice a new character!"

"So, what are you doing here?"

"I'm going to be the new voice actor for Bendy. I guess old man Joey can't do it anymore."

"Who are you calling old."

You and Oliver spun around, you shuffling behind Oliver. There stood Joey Drew, a serious and slightly annoyed look on his face.

"I am so so sorry! I didn't- I didn't mean it like that I just... uh... I- you see I was only joking!" Oliver stuttered, waving his hands back and forth. You were shaking like a leaf, clutching onto the back of Oliver's shirt. Only a minute in and now you've made your mom look bad.

Joey chuckled before laughing. He had a huge smile on his face and the scary vibe turned to one of confusion and amusement.

"You kids nowadays. Always talkin' behind others backs and freakin' out when you get caught," Joey laughed.

Oliver let out a small, awkward laugh, taking a couple of steps back. You relaxed a little. Your mom had told you about stuff like this happening. She told you that Joey liked to mess with his employees and that he really meant no harm.

"Alight, you two, lets get you down to the recording studio," Joey said, leading you and Oliver down the hall.

<><><><><>

Soon, you and Oliver found yourself outside a door with two other people standing next to the door. There was a girl with bright, blond hair wearing jeans, a white tank top, and a sports jacket. Next to her is a tall, skinny boy with brown hair and round glasses wearing a sweater blue and gray sweat pants.

"Oh! You must be the other voice actors!" the boy exclaimed.

"Another... girl," you heard the girl mumble. She gave you a look of confusion and anger.

"It's nice to meet you! I'm Oliver and this is (y/n)," Oliver said.

"It's nice to meet you to! I'm Ben and-"

"I thought I was supposed to be playing Alice. Mr. Drew didn't say anything about me needing to try out," the girl said, cutting off Ben.

"I'm not Alice," you said.

The girl looked you up and down, judging you. You were uncomfortable, but tried not to show it. She sighed, her face softening. She walked up to you and put her hands on your shoulders.

"Thank God," she said, "I've always dreamed of voicing Alice since I first saw the show."

"That's... nice." you were unsure of what to say.

<><><><><>

A few hours later and all of you had finished the first few scenes. You learned that the girl's name was Ann and she wasn't as bad as she let on to be. She occasionally hit on Oliver in-between recordings until he said he was dating you. Ann left him alone and switched to flirting with Ben, leaving the poor boy flustered throughout the entire session.

You had also learned that Ben was voicing Boris. He fit the part quite well. Ben had a natural talent of shifting his voice from accent to accent. Because of this, Ben occasionally got to voice one time characters. At the end of the day, all of you had bonded over your mutual hate of the religious people who got mad at you for watching the show. You had to admit, Ben and Ann surprised you, but in a good way. One that made you excited to come back the next day.

<><><><><>

A/N:

Two more chapters. Y 'all ready? Hope you know there won't be a second book. Maybe. I have no clue. I might do a second book in like a few years or something. All I know is that the ending I have in mind should be a happy one where no one needs a second book. Honestly though, if there was a second book, it would function more like those crack one shot books.