26: Memory 5, It's Time You Know

WARNING: this chapter has not been edited yet

A/N: So, I finally got time to update the book. I now can safely say, though, I now know why Spanish is a college level class. Anyways, sad stuff here. If you don't like sad, don't read. Or do. I really can't control your actions.

<><><><><>

"(y/n), we need to talk," your mother said.

You turned to her, setting down your book, Ferin height 451. Your mom gave it to you when you asked for something to read.

You stood up and followed your mom to the living room, sitting on the couch while she sat on the rocking chair. Normally, when the two of you talked, your mom's face was either filled with pride or anger. Right now, her face was blank, mournful even.

"(y/n), dear, do you remember that growth in the back of my throat my dentist found?" your mom asked.

You nodded.

"And do you remember how they said they were going to try and figure out what caused it?" she asked.

You felt your stomach drop. You didn't like where this was going. You didn't like it at all.

"I-I... The doctors said that I have breast cancer," your mom finished.

You didn't understand. You couldn't understand. You refused to accept this. Your mind blanked for a few seconds with the next thing you seeing was your mother's hair and the empty rocking chair. You could feel your body shaking and tears starting to run down your cheeks.

"No..." your voice barely came out as a whisper.

"I'm so sorry," your mother said.

You let your head fall onto her shoulder. You couldn't understand.

"B-but, there is a silver lining. I'm going to be sent to a very good doctor. I've heard he's one of the best doctors in the west coast. This will all be over before you know it, okay?" your mother smiled.

You slowly nodded.

"If it makes you feel better, you can come with. We can stay at your great aunt's house! You haven't seen her since you were little! It'll be great!" your mother said, trying to cheer you up.

"How bad is it?" you asked.

Your mother sighed before saying, "the doctors are saying the tumor is still small and that I'll have a better chance of living and never having it come back if we can start the treatment by the time summer vacation rolls around."

"So you'll take me with?" you asked.

"Of course! Whatever makes you feel better," your mother said.

You nodded.

For the rest of the day, you and your mother sat on the couch, hugging each other and her singing songs she used to sing to when you were still little.

<><><><><>

A/N: So this chapter was originally supposed to be a happy coffee date but I've never been on a coffee date so that idea is now dead. Anyways, yeah. This is similar to how my parents broke the news to me and my sister so... yay for writing what you know?

Here have a cute picture of one of my cats, Oswald. I sware, that was his name at the pound.

 I sware, that was his name at the pound