Getting To Know Each Other ; 10

"So that's Syd?" I laugh shaking my head. "That's my goddaughter, Coco." I then point to Sydney. Kitty makes a loud 'awe' after she takes a mouthful of red wine. That's her celebration — a bottle of red wine and the biggest bar of chocolate. I'm not going to complain because it's perfect. I thought we was gonna hit the city but her home is so comfortable and relaxing. The golden glow of the dim light makes everything seem almost homely...

"Syd looks so much like your mom. Oh my god, what sorcery is that!" Kitty he also not stopped talking. She talks more than usual, I like it though because she doesn't sound nervous. When she talked to me yesterday it was like she was biting her tongue. Confident Kitty is what I really need at the moment. "Yeah...they get that often." I've been told that I look like my dad which is okay, I mean...my dad and my mum are like soulmates. I lived on that streak when I was younger — I still do. If my dad has my mum then I have someone waiting for me...somewhere.

"Says your twin ancestor!" I point towards the front door, which is the back of me since we're huddled up on the long sofa. "Least you have a sister. I've always wanted one. But dad had the snip after me." With that I cringe. I'll never understand why guys have that procedure. I mean health issues then fine...but just because they like shagging...it beats me. But then again I'm the awkward virgin who shuns sex...at least until I finally get enough courage that I'm going to be forever alone and hire a prostitute.

"What about your brother, he's in the army right?" Kitty cracks a smile and nods her head. "I'm like...this with him." She crosses her fingers as a demonstration, I nod my head getting where she is coming from. "But yeah...these past couple of weeks have been hell. He's got injured, but his team won't give us any information..." I can see tears swell up in her large blue eyes. "Hey..." I whisper sympathetically as she shakes her head in embarrassment and falsies a smile after sniffing. "He likes scaring us. He's probably doing just fine out there, he hates it when I cry for him. He tells me to laugh...think about old embarrassing memories and stuff." I like the sounds of her brother.

"What about Syd, how close are you to her?" I take my phone off of her after Kitty smiles once more at mine and Syed's selfie we took. Two minutes after that selfie was taken Syd had to be restrained because she tried jumping through the airports security gate for me...

"We're close too. She's the only person...who knows me for me. I mean that sounds like bullshit but...she knows everything about me. She's yet to be proven wrong." I roll my eyes and try not to make a big deal out of my twelve year old sister possibly being my stalker. "Bless. I'll have to meet her one day so she can tell me all of your dirty little secrets." Kitty jokes as she downs her first glass of the evening. I doubt there will be anymore, although she has a big persona...she is also discreet and classy. I don't see her as the type of girl who drinks herself drunk.

That's definitely where we are very different people. I happen to enjoy drink. Booze and music...it's all I need. Maybe a joint now and again, but...I do try to stay away from that stuff.

"I don't have many..." I nervously laugh as Kitty sits the glass down on the coaster, and then leans back as she rests her head against the sofa. Her whole body is facing me as so does mine. We're abnormally close considering it's a large and long sofa. But...I'm seriously never going to complain. "Like what?" We both smile at the same time. A irresistible one.

"You're the first girl who...has ever talked to me. Like...apart from family and stuff." I mean it's true, all of my life up until I went to uni I've been in private boy school. Kitty's mouth widens, "seriously?" I nod my head.

"So does that mean you've never kissed a girl...or anything?" And now to embarrass myself in front of my crush. "Pathetic innit?" I don't mean to wallow around in self pity but...I do anyway. I know Kurt Cobain once said 'nobody dies a virgin, life fucks us all' of course that is metaphorically true...but it ain't fucked me yet. I should just stop...thinking about whatever this random thought he turned into.

Kitty then sits up straight. She goes from looking comfortable — like half asleep comfy — to energetic within seconds. "I've never been close enough to a boy..." bull-fucking-shit. I'm calling it! "Bullshit." I laugh whilst Kitty vigorously nods her head, she smiles...probably because she's lying! I mean a pretty girl like her, I've seen all the other boys heads turn. Their mouths fall open and their eyes become the fucking hearts emojis. "Hand in heart...I've never even held a guys hand. I mean...except this afternoon." I smile nodding my head. It was sad when she let go after she pushed me into the 'convenience store'.

"So...maybe we can be pathetic together?" I raise my glass up. "To pathetic" I roar as Kitty cheerfully picks up her empty glass and and clings it against mine.

Life's...good. I mean I got evicted and lost all of my few possessions, but at least I've got closer to the girl of my dreams. No biggie...