Sleepover ; 32

I flick through the TV channels feeling completely lifeless. After all the stress and worrying about what Kitty's results would be...I think I need a lay down. Never have I felt so many different emotions in one day. I close my eyes and yawn as I decide to be the boring uncle that I probably seem and go to sleep. "Dan" — Kitty playfully slaps me on my forehead as I open my eyes laughing — "Millie is going up to bed now so say your goodnights" I sit up from slouching on the sofa and see Millie holding Kitty's hand. She has her nightclothes on and in Kitty's pink nightgown.

"Come here you." I laugh reaching my arms out as she hugs me tightly. "I promise we'll do something fun tomorrow okay? We'll go to that adventure play park...the one you've been wanting to go to forever." Millie's eyes widen as she looks at Kitty in disbelief. Kitty claps her hands together and looks excited too. "But it's expensive! That's what mum says...she says that about everything though." Once again I crack a smile at the mini adult.

"Don't worry about that okay and anyway, me and aunt Kitty are going to give your mum some money...so she doesn't have to worry about things being expensive or not." Millie nods her head as I rub her hand feeling sorry for her. "But this weekend we are gonna do so much with you. All of your classmates are going to be jealous." With that Millie smiles excitedly.

"For now. You sleep." I hug her again and then plant a kiss right on the top of her forehead but her hair gets stuck in my mouth. "Ew!" She laughs before holding Kitty's hand. "See you in a minute." Kitty says with a smile. But this isn't a innocent smile...oh my god. With that I turn off the TV and creep up the stairs after they go up.

I go into the bedroom quietly and sit on the bed. I mean...fuck yeah. But then me being a sex obsessed weird stops for a second as I hear Kitty sing a song...through the thin walls I can hear that Millie is also singing. It's a Bastille song...I crack a smile at the song voice. It's very Kitty. She has to be awkward and sing songs that we haven't technically fully released — nor we ever will. The Descent. "And I will break a smile when you fall!" They both shout at the same time before singing the chorus. With that I shyly look down at our carpet instead of staring endlessly towards the wall.

"Bed now!" Kitty announces as their weirdly timed song session ends. "B-but" Millie almost sobs. I never knew the walls was this paper thin. God I hope my parents don't hear...when me and Kit have...alone 'adult' time.

Fucking hell now I'm paranoid.

I really fucking hope not.

That's when Kitty slips into the bedroom as she closes the door gently. "I cannot believe how tall she's getting." I smile nodding my head. "It's only going to be a matter of time before she goes into that grungy teenage phase telling everyone to fuck off...feeing alone when she isn't really alone..." with that I cut myself off with a nervous laugh as Kitty looks at me a bit distraught. "Aw Dan...I never knew that. Come here." With that Kitty lovingly opens her arms as I smile shaking my head. "I mean didn't you have that" — Kitty shakes her head with a sympathetic smile, but I don't believe it — "...no?" — I ask again — "No." I repeat for certain.

"I wasn't morbidly depressed. No offence." With that I move Kitty onto my lap as I kiss her. She pulls back with a smile, "sorry..." I shake my head. "Nah you was right. I was a fucking morbid weirdo." She kisses me again...literally fucking kneeling on me.

"You're my morbid fucking weirdo. How about that? Young Dan can go and fuck himself." I mean other guys would probably be offended but — fucking hell she is right. If only I can go back in time and tell my younger self that I would be trying for a baby whilst living in a holiday home besides my parents house and next to my little nieces temp bedroom.

I love life.